ok. im 17 and i've had sex only 3 times. but the last 2 times i've noticed the right side of my inner lips or labia minora would become swollen.and the 3rd time after i had sex there was a small scrap like a papercut but everything would go away about after 3/4 days. and i don't know why but it scares me because i don't know what happening.so please if any1 knows why please tell me!! ooh and when i was like 13 or 14(still a virgin!) the same thing happened but without the scrap.

My labia normally swell after rough sex or oral sex, or sex/oral sex without adequate lubrication.
I find that the best relief for this to to avoid any unnessisary movements, such as running around, going to work, walking alot etc. Take a lazy day.
Warm baths, heating pads or warm damp cloths will help with the muscle aches (bruised feeling)
Cold damp cloths and ice packs can help reduce swelling.
Wearing panties and/or tight pants can be irritating and do nothing to relieve the swelling. Therefore, I advise to wear baggy pants/pajama pants/sweat pants with no panties! Or a house coat.

Swelling will only persist longer if you don't try to reduce it. By trying some of the examples i gave, swelling may last for less then 24 hours. If you don't bother doing anything different, and allow it to be irritated and hurt (having sex again before swelling dicipates, wearing tight clothes, and grinding your teeth through discomfort) swelling will generally last longer!

Hello, please help! My husband, of 14 years, and I had relations 5 days ago. The day after, I started my period and was really sore in my vaginal area. As the week has progressed, I noticed the right side of my labia minora is very red and swollen. It also hurts extremely bad to urinate. I have never had this problem before and am looking for relief! Our relation was a bit "rougher" than usual, but I'm not sure where this situation has evolved. Is it something to do with my period or the rougher sex, or do I have a clogged duct of some sort? I have had a Bartholin's absess in the past and this is not the same. Please help any suggestions on what this could be? I plan on calling the OBGYN if it doesn't resolve, but with two 3 year olds and an 8 year old, I find little time for appointments!

This is occurring with me right now as well. I had oral sex with my boyfriend about an hour ago with a little bit of unlubricated penetration. We were being pretty rough. Pretty much right when we were done, i sat down nude on my bed and noticed something... off. When i looked down, the right side of my labia was red/pink and very obviously swollen, so much so that it is protruding from my body. It isn't really painful, but it did sting when i went to the bathroom. I read some health forums of other women who have experienced this, and alot of them say that the swelling is mostly due to heat and friction without the proper amount of moisture or lubrication. Those ones say that you just need to kick back for a while, and take the necessary steps to reduce swelling, (such as ib profin, a cold compress, ice, loose, unrestricting clothing on the area,  etc..). HOWEVER...  i also read several that said that if swelling persists, or if it swells to a certain point, one should immediately seek medical attention. I will post again when i figure out what the hell is going on. I took four 200 mil pills of ib profin, and i am going to lay down in some loose sweatpants and i might try a cold compress in a bit. I am 17, and i've been freaking out since i saw it, so i totally understand how you are feeling right now. But remain calm, and take some ib profin if you haven't. It is an anti-immflamatory, so that should start to help out first by bringing some (or maybe most) of the swelling down. PLEASE RESPOND when you find a solution or recieve medical care from a doctor, as i would love an explanation. ALSO - It is very important not to continue having sex until the swelling has gone down. For you AND your partner. (I read of a few women who ended up having very serious STD's).

Hope you feel better soon!

Regards, Savannah.

Savannah did you ever find out what it was??

Did it ever go away?