Whenever my boyfriend does oral sex on me, my vagina ALWAYS gets swollen. I've been to the gyno and they basically said over stimulation. Is there any thing to prevent this from happening at all or do I always have to wait for the swelling to go down. Is there anything to take, or do before doing so that it won't get swollen?

Health Guru

Hi, it can be a common occurrence during sexual arousal for the vulva area to swell due to the extra blood flow that goes on so yes your gyno is right about over stimulation, does the swelling cause you any problems or discomfort during intercourse or after or is it just something you don't like?

It causes pain and discomfort. It is very sensitive after it, and anything that touches it, irritates it really bad. Bothers me to walk and sit for at least 4-5 days every time he does oral.

Health Guru
It sounds really painful for you, have you tried an ice pack to try to take the swelling down?
Is it just oral sex that causes it to happen or does it also happen if you masturbate or have intercourse with no oral stimulation?

I have and yes, only oral. But I want to see if there's a way to prevent it at all before it actually happens.

Health Guru
It almost sounds like your having some kind of allergic reaction then to either your boyfriends saliva or aftershave that is being transferred onto your labia during oral sex.
Has this happened with other partners or is he your first sexual partner?

Other than him, I've only received oral once, several years ago, and it didn't happen.

Health Guru
First of all I would say you need to find out what's causing the reaction whether it be something he uses or he it is his saliva that's causing this as it certainly sounds more like an allergic reaction than getting to aroused.
Is it just your labia that swell causes you pain and discomfort or does your actual vagina get swollen and painful?

Does it happen if he only performs oral on you with no actual intercourse taking place or have you never tried that?

The gyno said its my labia that gets swollen and then its oral only that it happens