I am 18 years old and had sex last night without a condom (im on the pill) and afterwards noticed my right labia was extremely swollen, almost balloon-like. I don't have any other symptoms, no burning, itching, unusual discharge, etc. Just a painless swelling that is about 4 times as large as the left labia. I was hoping when i woke up it would be gone, what could it be from and how long do you think it will last?

Hi Nikki. Im sorry to hear about the swelling you are having! Seeing how you do not have any other symptoms the only thing that comes to mind is that maybe your sexual experience last night was abit rough or harder than usual?? One thing you can do is put some ice on it to help bring down the swelling. ( The ice with constrict the blood vessels and reduce the swelling.) If you have any other symptoms or if this gets worse, please call your doctor. take care!

Jeannine

As for the jeannine_29 you should wait to see what the doctor says; he did say wait a month or so, give it time untill then just try and take care of yourself. Also ask the callgirl you had sex with had anything.

As for the guest you probably have Yeast infection. Those are signs of it, and you said you didn't have sex. It happends to 3/4ths of the women in the world- try getting OTC (over the counter) drugs to get rid of it quite fast

-Zanon

Hey to the message above i have had swelling before and it usally goes away the next day. But one time i had the symptoms you are having... i had a urinary track infection. Its not that big of a deal but u should do something about it now before it becomes a bladder infection. U just need to call ur doctor and get antibiotics.

I have had the same thing happen to me, I had never had any problems then a few months ago me and my man had sex without a condom and I swelled up insantly after sex like a ballon. I was very scared, luckily I had a gyny app. 2 days after and I asked her about it, she said it can just happen from being to rough or not enought lubrication. If you had inner labia that hang a little lower than the outer, then they can be rubbed the "wrong" way and irritated. We are very sensitive down there. It happened again today but it really is just swelling, it usually lasts for a day or two.

hiya Nikki
I had the exact same problem after having sex recently... my right labia was extremely swollen and the left was normal :O .... the swelling will go down , i had a hot bath n some ice reduced it by far . . . its been 2days now and its nearly back too normal size ... dont have sex again until its gone down as it will only agitate it and make the swelling more intense and uncomfortable. . . i no ... ive done it ....
hope ur better soon

x
Nikolle

hey i just had sex with my girlfriend and in the middle of intercourse, she complained about her vagina hurting...i slipped out of her a couple times and she slammmed down on me full force with my penis smashing against her lips (sorry for gettin graphic) also about half way through, she stopped being wet and we started up again it was rough....she complained and said she couldnt walk right and then she checked herself about 20 minutes later and she was black and blue and was swollen around her labia majora on the left side....she said the pain has decreased a bit but she is still swollen pretty badly and she is black and blue...she is so worried and afraid...idk how to held her and i feel terrible...can someone please help me please! :/

hii, i just had this experience yesterday but I'm swollen and it hurts to the touch. I can't even wear underwear just baggy pajama pants. I'm really scared and idk what to do... is it just from sex and should I just put ice on it ? or call my doctor ?

This has happened to me before with just minor swelling that went away, and just happened yesterday again but this time both my labia swelled up like balloons and dindn't go down overnight (new...rougher guy i guess).
 I know exactly what happened though - while we were having sex, my labia weren't out of the way (he aslo wasn't the exactly gentle when re-entering) so (sorry to be a little graphic) since they weren't out of the way they sort of went with him inside me and the friction of him going back and forth made them extremley swollen. This made me less wet which also increased friction and in general just hurt and they swelled up a little during and instantly after. The times in the past it has happened before haven't hurt however, and I didn't even notice what was going on until my labia were a little puffy afterwards. I think it was so much worse this time because of this particular guy.
Hopefully this helps some people who don't have any other symptoms. If you do have other symptoms then you may need to see a doctor but if they swelled up right after sex and thats it then you could have just had a similar situation to me. It is totally possible to just have this happen to one side or both sides too.

Hi nikki! I just wanted to tell you that the same thing happens to me almost every time after sex, in fact I've got the same swelling as I type this. Its just due to rough sex no need to worry. Put a little ice on there and be sure to clean properly since the lip is out so far. Mine usually goes down after a couple of days.

Does it left hanging after the swelling??

I have the same question.

What to drink

I'm 26 years old. I just had sex with my boyfriend for 7 hours ago. My right labia is swollen than the left one 5 times. I have hurt my both legs. Please kindly advice me something.

Thanks
Liza

Any reason why this happens. I just had sex and when I went to the restroom I noticed mg right labia swollen. Both i and my partner are clean