I slept with my partner, and he was particularly rough. The next day, my labia minora were both completely swollen (almost look like 2 big bubbles). I am assuming it was just because of the nature of our sex, but I was wondering if/when I should be concerned.

Hi! I reckon that the problem occurred due to roughness, nothing else. You need to make your partner realize that it is you who is leading the game and the one who is saying when, where and how.
The swelling should subside in a day (or two). If it doesn’t, I would advise you to see a doctor and check if some kind of infection occurred. Female genitals swell usually due to yeast infection but there are always accompanied symptoms present like redness, irritation, smelly, thick white/yellow discharge.
They also swell during sexual act as blood backs up in them during arousal but the swelling goes down as you chill after an orgasm-the same like in men but less noticeable.