I'm 22 and I have a problem with my inner labia. I have been having problems while having sex, the intercourse is very painful for me, and when it’s over I have noticed a strong swelling of the inner labia which doesn’t usually happen after the intercourse. This swelling of my inner labia is really getting to be annoying, it hurts very much and I have stopped enjoying sex as much as I used to in the past. What am I supposed to do about it, could it be some STD that I have or something like that?

In some women it is totally normal to feel a little bit of swelling on their inner labia after having sex. Since you say it’s unusual and that it hasn’t happened to you before I’d have to assume it’s some kind of a condition that is causing that. You didn’t mention any other symptoms that you might have experienced that could be connected to the swelling of the inner labia, so my assumption would be that it is either due too passionate sex or lack of lubrication during sex or maybe both. In your case I would suggest a little pause in sex or at least reducing the intensity of the sexual intercourse, and if the lubrication isn’t enough you should use vaginal lubricant products that you can find in any pharmacy, you can get them without prescription. If the advices don’t work, and if the swelling doesn’t stop you should go and talk to your gynecologist since there might be a chance that it’s some kind of an infection or some more dangerous disease that requires medical treatment. Good luck with it.

Celebrity
I will try to explain to you girls what it happens during sexual arousal and intercourse with females’ bodies. There are changes in the genitals as well as in the other parts of the body that take place during and after sex.

When a woman gets excited, her vaginal walls stretch, get wet from secreted fluid, the uterus raises, outer vaginal lips open and inner thicken. Clitoris swells and gets bigger. The whole vagina swells because of the blood flow into it.

10-15 mins after the climax (orgasm), whole vagina (together with inner and outer lips and clitoris) and uterus go back to normal size and position.

It is probably that you notice the swelling before everything goes back to their place.

Hi am 24...My libia becomes swollen after having sex over and over and it some times itches after a few days and then it goes away what could be the problem here. I know i dont have any STDs....

My wifes inner labia becomes sore after long sessions of intercourse too. What we have found is, if we use a lubricant that does not dry out or get sticky after use she does not get sore. In our experience water based lubricants dry out too fast and silicone based become sticky after several minutes of use. We have found that oils such as vegetable oil works the best for our extended sessions. It can be reapplied over and over again and is also edible ;-)~ We use a little spray bottle that sprays a little stream of oil right where we need it and it is refillable too.

I'm having a similar situation. I'm still a "virgin" but me and my long-term boyfriend mess around and I find that after repeated stimulation, the next day I swell up in the labia area and this lasts for a few days and is painful. Is this normal?

maybe your allergic to your boyfriends sperm. alot of people are allergic to their partners and they have reactions that make them think that it might be an std. the way to prevent most reactions are to use condoms and talk to your doctor to see if you can take a prescription to help with this. remember keep contact to a minimum by using a condom to keep you fluids from making contact on each others skin. hope this helps.

Hi, we have found that if you shave your vagina the tiny hairs left in the follicle create all the friction and swelling. Solution is let the hair grow back or pluck. It works a treat. I have never experienced soreness or swelling since and I was suffering chronically from swelling and pain, so much so I hated sex and used ice on the inflamed labia after wards. Give it a go you will love the results and sex is fun again.

Lack of lubrication is probably the most likely problem you are experiencing. The same happens to me. Try using lubricant and stop if you start to feel sore. What the guy I quoted here said is pretty much on the money BUT do not use an oil or oil based product (i.e. petroleum jelly) if you are using condoms as it weakens the latex. A water based one that is fairly good is sylk - you can buy it at the supermarket or a chemist.

I would still suggest you see a gynocologist who will test you for likely infections in order to rule them out. I would definately suggest seeing someone who is trained in gynocological health - not just your local doctor. I have had many issues with this area and been through multiple doctors, some of which seemed to think I was making things up. If you are not happy with your doctors opinion get a second one.

I ALSO FEEL LIKE I HAVE PINS POKING ME ON MY LABIA DURING FOREPLAY. AFTER INTERCOURSE MY INNER LABIA THRIBE AND ARE VERY SWOLLEN AND HARD. I AM BELIEVE THIS IS FROM THE HORMONES AND THE BLOOD FLOW TO THAT AREA DURING AROUSAL. IT IS VERY UNCOMFORTALE. I WAS RECENTLY DIAGNOSED WITH VULVA VESTIBULITIS, YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK INTO THIS IF YOU HAVE A CHRONIC PROBLEM OR PAIN. GOOD LUCK. 8-|

No it is not normal & it is not from having unlubricated sex. I know exactly what these people are explaining & I know exactly why the one person's dr didn't understand. It's a condition called Candida & most drs don't understand it. It's the overgrowth of yeast in your body, particularily affecting the vaginal area. I used to get yeast infections monthly & also these same symptoms that people are talking about. I take a supplement that you can buy online called Threelac by Global Health Trax & that has corrected the problem. However, if I don't keep up on taking the supplement & I eat a lot of sugar it will continue like it just has. I haven't had this problem in a couple years but I slacked on taking my supplement & have been eating a lot of sugar, Candida feeds on sugar, hence my current problem. A good website is candidasupport.org. Threelac is a form of acidophilus which is a supplement that can be found in health food stores. You can take high doses of acidophilus & live on a restriced diet of no sugar or try Threelac. It has saved my sanity because everyone who has experienced these problems will agree it is torture b/c it destroys your sex life & affects relationships & then the stress of not knowing how to fix it or what it is will drive you crazy. I cannot tell u how much Threelac has helped me, I have found that it won't cure it but it certainly does keep the problem at bay.

I've never noticed swelling before, and just this day had become swollen and swore after being fingering for a long period of time. It's still quite swollen after a few hours but i have seen an improvement. The swelling is only the inner labia and from reading others replies i am considering it was irritated from dryness.

Does this sound like a normal senario? It's never happened before, or it's never happened before quite as much as it has done now...it did hurt during intercourse toward the end but not enough to stop.

Im 22 weeks pregnant in a long term relationship and usually have sex at least twice a day but I have just started to get discomfort downstairs. After sex and sometimes during sex i begin to hurt. My inner labia swells and its very sore. Its painful to touch and I get a stinging sensation when i urinate. any idea what the problem could be, I have only began to get these symptoms

Im 23 and last month in january near the end of monthly cycle I started to notice that my inner labia was swelling up and I started to itch and this last for about a week and a half ever since that I notice that when my boyfriend and I had sex twice one night back to back that the next day I became swollen along with my clitoritis to the point that I coundnt even wipe after using the bathroom because it hurt so much im not sure what its from.

hey. this has just happened to me. me and by bf did a lot of forplay and playing with each other.... and well a bit of sex but yeah. i noticed that i was really SWALLEN... but i dont orgasm or never have. but this isnt something i do often and its a new experience being this turned on... is normal to be this swallen os is there something rong? please