For the past 3 days my labia minora have been horribly swollen, sore and PAINFUL! There is also a small cut (as thin as a paper cut) to its side, which makes it more painful and my left swollen labia looks to have a "bump" on/in it. To top it off, for the past 2 days my muscles to the side of my pubic area (where the pelvic bone meets the leg) is swollen and sore to the touch (like when your throat is swollen when you are sick), the pain from that area is slowly going diagonally down to the pubic area. I've taken hot baths and tylenol which help a little, but it's only temporary. This morning when I urinated, the pain was horrible. Tears were in my eyes! Any discharge I've had has been clear/light yellow and very watery and I itch when that happens.

I haven't gone to my gym as it's the holiday weekend. I've been doing some research on line and I figure I have an bacterial infection, a cyst, "nothing" or an STD. I had sex with my partner about 4 days ago, so I think this may have something to do with it.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm calling my doctor the day after tomorrow, if I can hold out that long. :-(

Hello i totally understand how you feel. When my partner and I first had sex I was also really swollen but didnt realize it until we were done. When I would get up to walk it'd hurt so bad. I didn't go to the doctor or tell anyone because I was somewhat ashame of it. But it went away after a day or two.

this could be helpful for anyone looking for answers

lichen planus - aad.org/public/publications/pamphlets/common_lichen.html

This description is spot on to what is happening to me. I have a Dr.'s appt. tomorrow but can you tell me what the outcome was anyway? I see this post is 3 years old. Thanks!

yea ummnnn sooo i have the exact same symptoms did you figure out what it was ?

hello i have this. i had sex on sat and sun night then on Tuesday i had such pain when i went to the wee or wiped myself felt like i was cut all underneath. i was thinking it was the sex on the weekend with my boyfriend. But it was to last night i gave it another look and i saw that it was labia minora (right) was a little bit biger as to the left side plus looked like it had a cut on it to. so i goggle it last night people was saying dont worry about it and that its just a irritations to pad's, tampons, toilet paper or sex. but then today i could of killed myself i went to the docs and she told me i could have hurpes... omg my life has come to the end what do i do... but iv had no big white or yellow scabs down there and my boyfriend has not too. so dont know what she was talking about! so anyone please help meeeee

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I had a minor cut that got worse, swelling my labia and making it incredibly difficult to wash, urinate, or even walk. It was excruciating and I was terrified so I went to see the doctor, especially after I felt a lump in my groin, which was tender to the touch like a bruise but with no bruising, on the right side of my pelvis. I was worried it could be an STD, got forbid one I couldn't get rid of like herpes. I asked the doc and upon examination, he asked if I'd had rough sex lately. (The answer was yes. How mortifying.) He said that's probably how I'd gotten the cut, and that an infection had exacerbated it. He said it didn't look like herpes and it was bacterial vaginosis instead, and could be treated with an antibiotic. He's sending some samples out to test for herpes, but told me that's just to put me at ease so I know I don't have it. The pain in the groin is a swollen lymph node which is my immune system fighting the infection - doc said that is healthy. For relief of the abrasions until the infection goes away, I found this online:
You can apply calendula ointment, as calendula acts well in healing the abrasions.The other simple remedy is to apply coconut oil on the abrasion.Applying neosporin or any other antibiotic ointment under the supervision of your doctor will also benefit.Precaution: abstain from sexual relationship during the time of recovery.Wear cotton panties as it facilitate air circulation in the vaginal area.Get yourself to a doctor. It is tough to talk about, but you should have it checked out to make sure it isn't anything more serious, and the antibiotics will help.

hi , i got fingerd 2 days ago and i felt him cut my with his fingernail , but not until today i noticed a scratch and bums on my left side where he cut me ... is this normal , please help !

Did you figure out what it was

Hi ! I'm having the same problem, where can I get this calendula ointment? Can I buy it OTC.

Sounds just ike genital herpes. Go to gynie immediately and she'll give you Valicyclovir. Ddo not wait!!!!!!