My left side of the the labia minor has been progressively become more sore and swollen within the last 5 days. i am not sure what has caused this. I have not been sexually active but my period ended approximately 3-5 days prior to this starting. Not sure if I had some irritation from the string of my tampons. I have become more and more worried about what it can be, so I am about to make a Dr. appt., since it is more uncomfotable as the days progress...mostly when I stand and walk. Not so bad when i sit. %-)

Going through the same, cant find any answers either. UGH!!

When it comes to women's issues doctors don't pay any attention. I had my left minor sell for no reason and went last to the emergency room, then doctors send me home to try some home medicine like applying ice and sit baths. It is still swollen today. I am not surprised at all with the response from the ER doctors as I have been suffering for 4 yrs with pain in this area (no visible signs, just dryness and pain during intercourse), my GYN thinks it's in my head. But I found out there is actually a disease called vestibulitis which has the symptoms I have.

The ER doctors asked me all sorts of weird questions like whether I use any instruments or do what positions I use during intercourse. The last sexual intercourse was 1 week ago with my husband in missionary position and yet the doctors think I just have to wait and if it keeps swelling go back to the emergency room.

Very frustrating. Doctors don't care about women's issues no wonder we suffer in silence.

I'm going through the exact same thing! I'm going to the doctor tomorrow so I will post what the results are from them....My left labia minora is swollen, it feels like a hard lump under the skin, it is painfull when there is pressure on it...but there are no other symptoms such as itchyness or discharge or smell... i have a hunch however that it may be caused by irriation by female 'sanitary' products. I've been doing some reading on it. Lately i've been wearing liners in my underware because i was just on a camping trip, and then when i got back this past week i have continued to wear them because i am expecting my period. The bleaches and chemicals that are used in the fabrication of these products, as well as the perfumes, can be highly irritating to this sensitive area. This is my hunch, but I will confirm with what the doctor says tomorrow.

k so the same thign is going on with me!
i was feeling very uncomfortable so i went to the bathroom to check it out and i had brown discharge and my right labia minora is like twice the size of my left side! it's very itchyand dry other than the discharge and SO uncomfortable! what is goign on??

I was just sitting then all of a sudden just started itching by my labia minora and went to the bathroom also to go check it out and its swollen, i became very concerned i went to take a shower and the itching stopped but still swollen i. No discharge, No sex, and no period, well not at least until the end of the month. What is going on????

have any of you had wee sores like ulcers on the swolen bit? i have the same sorta thing..maybe to do with sanitary products etc..but i have wee sores on mine too...it is soo painful..really tender..duno wat to do

I would recommend going to the docotr. Sores are not normal and they should definitely be investigated because they could be indicative of a more serious problem. Let me know when you go, okay? I want to hear how you're doing.

Same thing with me. I'm really scared. I'm not sexually active, my period shouldn't be for two weeks, but lately I've been really dry and itchy and now my right inner labia is swolled to the point where it's over my vagina and urinal tract, it seems to be the entire right area, all the way up to the outher labia, and about the same size now. Please tell me what is going on!

I have this same problem. It happens out of nowhere! And I'm only 14 years old. I've been to the doctor twice for this and they tell me they aren't sure what it is and just to go home and soak in the bath to reduce swelling. Most of the time, it goes away within a few days. But its very painful and itchy. It comes back every few months. I have it as of right now and I'd rather not go to the doctor a third time but if it gets any worse, I probably should. My mom is a registered nurse and she said it might be a blocked gland thats causing the swelling but i'm still not sure. Hopefully they find out what the problem is! It seems like alot of others have this too and it's not only me.

I have had the same swelling on my right labia minora. i am scared! its been a week..HELP :'(

If your outer labia is swollen it could be a bartholins cyst. The Bartholin's glands are located at the entrance to a woman's vagina, one on each side. They are small and cannot be seen or felt when they are normal. Their function is to secrete fluid onto the mucosal (inner) surface of the labia-the liplike skin surrounding the vagina. If one of these glands is blocked or if your gland is too small, it causes a fluid filled cyst in your labia. Most of the time they will go away on their own if they are not too bad. However, if it continues to swell and becomes extremely painful, you need to go to the doctor to have it drained.
However for those of you that commented on your inner labia being swollen, i do not know. but i have had a bartholins cyst. I had to have it surgically drained by a doctor under anesthia. It came back again adn they concluded that my gland was too small and would continue to get blocked so i had to have a marsupilazation, which is when they surgically make your gland bigger.

I have had this off and on all my life. It use to be during my period. It would become ichy and then would sting when you would shower. It would swell and just be sore. I use to use Aloe Vera Gel in it's puriest form and that would help heal it fast. I had one doctor say it was herpes which wasn't true. I believe it is when you body becomes acidic and expels it out. I usually get a canker in my mouth at the same time.

Now my daughter has it and it is her 3rd period so, I will be looking further into this to find out more. Will get back.

This could possibly mean you're getting a bartholin's gland cyst. It can be quite painful, swollen and uncomfortable. (I had one about a year and a half ago.) It's important to get it checked out ASAP before any other health complications!!

Oh my gosh !! I'm not the only one. It hurts SOOOOO bad. I haven't gone to the doctor yet because I'm scared. This is the only thing I have found on it, which is not good news because there is no cure. It's not common in the U.S., but I'm freaked out because my ex is from Israel. I've got a call into him becuase he may have some explaining to do. It's NOT a sexually transmitted disease, but it IS CONTAGIOUS and there IS NO CURE.

behcet's disease

Google it.

I'm also seeing online that it could be as simple as a yeast infection. Girls, let me know if you find anything !!