I tried home waxing and the skin where my Labia majora starts on the outside tore (and bled) Will it heal by itself or should I see a Doc?

The same thing just happened to me today while I was waxing which is how I found your post (I was researching if I should see a doc or just use Neosporin). I tore where my labia minora and majora meet. Any info would be good.

The same thing just happened to me today while I was waxing which is how I found your post (I was researching if I should see a doc or just use Neosporin). I tore where my labia minora and majora meet - Nothing that needs sutures, but it was enough to bleed a little. Any info would be good.

I have the same problem from waxing, it has caused a bit of bleeding & i am now worried! Should i seek medical advice or will this heal on its own?

This same thing just happened to me too...and i'm frightened. Did any of you ladies see a doctor, or just applying an antiseptic salve help with healing? and how long after this happened did you ladies begin to have sexual intercourse again?

i've searched high and low on the internet for this topic and found one doctor that advised to use Calendula cream which will be sufficient - and will heal quick....i called my local pharmacy and they had no idea what i was talking about so then I called my local health food store and they had pure Calendula cream!!! It helps with healing, and is great for the very sensative area.
So I'm just using some peroxide to kill any bacteria, and applying the Calendula cream.
Hopes this helps with you ladies!!!

Ok here's what anyone worried should consider. If the tear is really deep, wide, or if it won't stop bleeding, or if it turns redder and looks infected go see a doctor. Everyone else can probably just apply antibiotic creams and the calendula cream is fine, too. You can also use peroxide on it once or twice, but I wouldn't do that every time you clean it since it kills good bacteria you kinda need down there as well as the bad bacteria.

I just did this myself attempting to do an at home wax ( :'( OMG, never again) but although my tear was over an inch and half long it healed really quickly. I cleaned mine three times a day at first, and every time after using the bathroom for the first three days. I felt confident resuming sex after it looked fully healed (about a week and a half), but I probably could have done so sooner, just didn't want to aggrivate it or split it open again. Hope everyone else heals quickly, too! ;-)

OMG! I (well my husband and I) did this two nights ago. I held as he ripped. He said "uh oh". I asked "what?!" and looked down and there was alot of blood. I had him go get a wet towel and we cleaned it up and realized that the rip was indeed A RIP! He thought I should go to the ER for stitches but I said "heck no". Went to my doctor the next day and she put steri-strips on it. Never again! She just said to make sure to keep it clean. So analyizing the cut, it was like when you hold a piece of paper down on a straight edge and rip it to tear a straight edge. The cut itself is about 3cm (a little less than 1.5inches). I'm stupid enough to try it again just not so far down just because I like the feel of the waxing. Oh, this was my first time too.....so lesson learned. Right?!

I feel your pain! Almost a week ago I got a Brazilian and felt an aweful pain when my esthetitian waxed my Labia. She had told me over the last few months that particular area was very thin and there was slight bleeding the last time I went. It wasn't a problem, however, this time I had waited to get waxed a little longer (was really busy with work and had to delay my appointment) and I was close to my period (which I read can be more painful and sensitive in that area). The moment she pulled off the wax I knew something was wrong. I was bleeding like crazy and the pain was incredible.  I cleaned up and went home. The rest of the day I was pretty uncomfortable and when I went to the bathroom my underwear had blood stains and I was still bleeding. I took a mirror to look at myself and saw the Labia looked like it had been sliced! I was sooo scared and was freaking out! I called my waxer and she told me to keep rinsing with water. I did that and the bleeding stopped. I was still sore the next day but didn't think it was a big deal until I started reading articles online about infections and horror stories. I got really freaked out and went to the walk-in clinic at 10p.

The doctor checked me out (I was majorly embarrassed and crying like crazy but was well worth it for my piece of mind) and he told me I had 2 options: either get stitches or use the ointment for a few weeks....I opted for the ointment! He prescribed Fucidin and it has been working incredibly.  The pain is gone and it's been less than a week and I see a huge difference. I make sure to clean with water everytime I go to the bathroom and use the ointment twice a day. I haven't worked out or had sex since the incident and think I'm going to hold off until I'm completely healed. The doctor assured me that this area heals very well because as women we are meant to heal from tearing due to child birth. I'm surprised myself what an improvement I've had in a short amount of time. After 2 days I saw the difference...and felt it!

I'm not sure if I'll ever get a Brazilian again...it doesn't seem worth it with all the pain I just went through. It will be a while before I even think about it.

This happened to me a few days ago. Mine was right inbetween the labia majora and minora - right in the crease. It didn't hurt immediately but I notcied quite a bit of blood. The wax didn't pull the skin off, it was just the direction and force that split the skin. My laceration was about an inch and a half long and half a centimeter deep. If this is the type of laceration you are experiencing, DO NOT wait for it to heal on its own. Get over the embarassment and go to a walk-in clinic or the ER. I called ahead to make sure the ER had female doctors on staff, and they were all very understanding. I needed to have the skin pulled back together with DermaBond and they prescribed me an antibiotic. You DO NOT want a staph infection on your vajayjay. Its healing now, and they said to give it 5-7 days before anything too....vigorous....down there. I wouldn't take any chances with an injury like this. you only have 12 hrs for stitches or bonding to still be an option - after that you may be stuck with a strange scar on your lady parts.

please tell me.... what did u do... i suffered the same

hi i was wondering if there is any way to still repair the tear even if its been about 13 yrs??

Unfortunately I sufffered the same fate today doing what I thought was a routine wax. I've been waxing for years & usually have no problem. Today, I knew the moment I pulled, I did something horribly wrong. I too tore the delicate skin running along side the labia minora. I was shocked because it actually looked like a cut, approx. 2 inches in length. To be on the safe side, I immediatly cleaned up, put some antibiotic ointment on it & drove to urgent care (I called ahead to make sure there was a female doctor on staff). The doctor said it wasn't deep but due to the size of the cut, & the location (high risk for infection), she advised me to get stitches. After many tears, mostly due to embarrassment once the numbing shots kicked in, & 6 stitches later....I'm glad it's over. The doc prescribed some pain meds, though I'm mostly feeling irritation as opposed to pain, & also an antibiotic. "Keep it moist" she said, referring to the stitches & they should dissolve on their own. I make sure to keep it clean & reapply the ointment each time I use the restroom. I'm NEVER waxing my kitty again! The doc suggested laser which I will look into as soon as I heal. As for sex....she said to give it a couple weeks. Good luck to you all.

Hello I am a license Esthetician and I showed my husband how to do a brizilian wax on me we have don't this many time for years but he got carried away with the wax and put it in the soft skin in between the lips on the labia then he pul and there was lots of blood I k right away he tore me. I just didn't know what to do. I did go to the ER to be on the safe side, they gave me an option to let them stiche it of just let it heal on its own. I didn't want stiches down there so I am letting it heal on its own, dr said us coconut oil or olive oil and guo. It bured like hell when I pee. He said it will take two weeks to heal and no sex for at least two weeks. 

Yes, I had surgery to fix a torn labia eight years after it happened. Find the right obgyn to do it.