last night i realized that my left labia majora [i believe that's the term for it] was swollen. i squeezed and there seems to be a small-medium sized bump on it, however it under the skin and not visible. there is only minor pain when i squeeze it with significant pressure. is this something i need to be worried about, or could it just be an irritation?

In Reply to your question - You may have lichen sclorosis, the bump can be an abnormal cell that can lead to cancer if left untreated - Go to your Doctor.

I went to the doc today for the same thing on the right side and was told it was a benign cyst. I do think you should go to see a GYN just in case. Take care.

I'M SITTING HERE NOT BELIEVING WHAT I'M READING. I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS. I HAVE A BUMP ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY LABIA. I TRIED TO BUST IT BUT IT WOULN'T BUST. THE NEXT THING I KNEW I'M SWOLLEN ON THAT SIDE AND VERY IRRITATED, I'VE TRIED MONISTAT 7 CREAM IT ISN'T WORKING I,VE TRIED TUB BATHS, NOW I'M GOING TO THE BATHROOM EVERY 15 TO 20 MIN. APART. I'M TAKING BACTRIM FOR INFECTION IT,S BEEN A WEEK NOW IT,S NOT CLEARED UP YET. I,M NOT USING TOILET PAPER I'M USING BABY WHIPS IT'S COOL AND IT FEELS SO GOOD TO THAT AREA. I'M TIRED OF THIS PROBLEM DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I CAN DO? IT,S TO EMBARRASSING GOING TO A DOCTOR. I'M A VERY CLEAN PERSON AND I'VE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS LIKE THIS BEFORE. HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the same thing.....i woke up this morning and the left side of my labia is red and swollen and only hurts a little when touched.....i have had the same partner for over 2 years and i dont know what it is i am also 4months pregnant and dont know if this has anything to do with it....please give me some advice.

Well Ladies, this is an old post but I always feel obligated to share my experience on these topics since it seems there is so little professional interest in our issues.
For a few days I was experiencing some irritation around my labia but thought it was a minor yeast infection especially since I just came off very strong antibiotics for Tonsillitis (seasonal thing and I hate hospitals so I suffer). As many of you know, antibiotics tend to cause yeast infections and I usually take AZO yeast pills or Plain yogurt for breakfast during the time I'm on the antibiotics but I forgot this time around I of course I suffered a minor yeast infection that was clearing up based on a few home remedies....that's another story.
I had some irritation and this irritation turned into a painfully swollen left labia majora (the outer lips). This made walking and sitting difficult. When I got home one night I checked the labia and notice there was definitely a feeling of a lump of some sort under the skin. I freaked out a little and decided to apply a cold compress....the next morning I applied a hot compress (ran a wash rag under hot water ..as hot as you can stand, rang out some of the water and applied it to the labia), I did this repeatedly for about 15 minutes. Then I'd leave it alone for 15mins and go back and apply a hot compress for another 15mins. This resulted in the lump I was feeling coming to the top of the skin...meaning you can see it because it now looks like a pimple with a head (the little spot that appears on a pimple meaning it can be squeezed). Now, I don't recommend squeezing pimples unless you have a sterile environment. Antibacterial soup, hot water and a clean wash rag. I applied some more heat then took the area that was swollen between my fingers (not your nails like some of do to our face), like you would to a baby bottle nipple, and I squeezed. It hurt to squeeze but eventually you hear it pop...pus, and a little blood came out. I squeezed, applied the hot compress (wash and rinse the rag over and over) and squeezed some more till all the white stuff came out and then till nothing comes out. The reason for this is you want to make sure you get everything out otherwise it might come back and continue to cause issues and never heal. Once I saw that there was nothing left, I applied more heat. Took a hot bath with epson salt, dried that area really well (pat don't rub)and put on cotton panties. I didn't do much else. You can apply a cold compress the next day to help close up the pore but just avoid irritation while it heals...and only cotton panties that will absorb any weeping from the small whole. You can even apply a little antibacterial ointment..the kind you apply to a cut.
Okay, I know that was a lot but hopefully it helps. If you apply the hot compress and you see the white or yellow pebble under the skin getting closer to the surface then you have what I had and it's nothing to freak out about...that area gets irritated easily and these things happen. But if you apply the heat and nothing happens, go see your OBGYN and tell him/her you tried heat and nothing became of it. Any sort of bump in that area is going to be painful and unfortunately most doctors will advice watch and wait not realizing how extremely painful it is.
Good luck!! >;) 8-|

Hey, I'm having trouble with a red irritating rash on my inner labia, it's worse when im walking and moving around. My doctor diagnosed me with molluscum contagious so ive been taking aldrea for it but some of the bumps still haven't gone away. The rash appeared after i had been using the cream for a month so i thought maybe it was an allergic reaction to the cream so far no change and i continue to use the cream on the nodes but i'm getting more and more worried about this rash.. it makes walking around and moving difficult. It isnt a burn more of a consistent itch and my clitoral hood is also very irritated. Please if anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear them. :-(

I've had the same problem on the right side of mine, on the upper part. But sometimes it only shows up after I shave but I think it was just irritation. Every now and then it would hurt and especially if I tried to do anything to it. But I left it alone and it went away. Another one had appeared when the one started to go away and I just left them alone. Went away in a few days so I was relieved. %-)

Thanks for the tip...I also developed a slight pain to the touch feeling on the same side pubic an crease of my leg area.

I have developed a very painful lump, my leg is going numb for some reason, my labia is very swollen and painful. My pubic mound is very painful to touch and the crease of my leg is painful as well. what could it be?

OMG me too!!! Please help???? What was it ??? :( im so scareddd!!!

I have a lump also and I have been told to get some acidolophous powder or open a capsule and make it into a paste and put onto lump. It does work, you may need to do it for a few days.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU! This worked for me. As a matter of fact, this is the process I was following before I stumbled upon this post, however, I was slightly worried that I shouldn't take matters into my own hands. I detest going to the doctor and prefer at-home-remedies any day of the week. I don't even take antibiotics. I have discovered a "detox tea" that I drink anytime I am feeling under the weather and it makes me feel brand new again! It consists of 1 cup boiling water, 2 tablespoons of Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey and a dash of cinnamon (the more cinnamon , the better!)

Did you ever find out what was wrong?? I am having the exact same thing happen and I am worried? Should I rush to my doctor or will it go away in a few days???

Swelling over my left labia majora on lower side vry painful no relief with cefuroxime