I am 13 years of age - i have not had any sexual intercourse, but i do have my period.
I have a problem with my minor labia. It doesnt look normal- It looks dark (purple/brown) and very big....and its stretchy. Its like its dead since its all wrinkly and dry. I am very uncomfortable with this, and its been like this for a long time.
I dont know if i have a disease or not. Should i contact my doctor- or tell my mom? Thnx for any help.

Hi. If you are not sexually active, then it is unlikely to be a disease. Like everything else, vaginas come in all shapes and sizes. You should talk to your mum or doctor about it just to make sure and to put your mind at ease. Hope this helps

Hi...

Im am 14 and a i have a similar problem, my inner labia sticks out and is al dry and wrinkely.. and also is a funny bornw-purple colour. I have not had sex and dont no what to do. I don want to tell my mum i am to embaressed can you help?..

Hi...

Im am 14 and a i have a similar problem, my inner labia sticks out and is al dry and wrinkely.. and also is a funny brown-purple colour. I have not had sex and dont no what to do. I don want to tell my mum i am to embaressed can you help?..

This is very normal...don't let it bother you. when i had this "issue" earlier on in my teens i thought it was horrible, abnormal, disgusting...it's not! unless there is abnormal discharge ( a little yellow, white, clear are all okay) or pain there is no cause for concern. i wish they taught us that its okay if your labia are wrinkly or really dark or if your inner lips grow past your outer lips it's completely okay! if there's anything else that worries or bothers you i suggest you find female family physician to talk to and dont feel uncomfortable because she would have gone through the same :-)

My 13 year old daughter recently came to me and expressed how uncomfortable &"embarassed" she was because of her very large labia not being like any of her friends! It is very large.She asked if she could have it "fixed?" She won't even wear a bathing suit or tight jeans. I think it affects her self esteem. My question is is this hereditary because I have the same thing. I just recently found out there is a surgery. I find this condition quite uncomfortable & would like to help her.....I ws very "self "conscious froowing up! How old should you be for the surgery?

I have the same problem with my labia minora (the darkness and elastication) and I've had it since I was around 12, I am now 16. I wouldn't be worried at all except it's only one of them, the other one has stayed exactly the same and I find this concerning...

um yeah. i'm 14 and i have the same problem. i have a big inner labia. i know that people say its normal, but when its on you and people constantly talk sh*t about it you get self concous. i know i do. i'm not sexually active. but it does bother me. so i just wanted some other opinions on what i should do. cause it does bother me.

so just reply back on what you think about the whole situation.
thanks.

i have the same problem and i know i shouldnt be embarrassed or concious but i am!..a lot! all i think about is how much i want to change it! i wanted to let my boyfriend finger me but i was way too embarrassed.now i just dont get into relationships coz i know ill just get way too embarrassed and people will start getting suspitious coz i think they already are? i cant jus go to the doctor or physian for advice because i cant pay for it and id have to ask my mom :-( ..im getting really depressed about this..does anyone have any advice at all?

hello, im 16. and well.. ive watched porn before and i didnt understand why the inner labias looked like that, "I" thought it was from being sexual too much. but i see now that its natural. my cousins is like that.. idk if she even cares or not.. mine isnt like that though. i was just wondering, but everyones vaginas are different, but if it really does bother you, tell someone.

thanks, sara.

P.S. everyones different in there own way!

I have the same problem. Im 16 and I hate it. Im too embarressed to have a boyfriend because it doesnt look normal. Also because it sticks out it rubs against my underwear and hurts and is very dry. Iv been to the doctor 3 times where they have xamined me and they are f***ed they either say its normal or dont believe me when I say I never had sex and they gave me a cream which didnt work so they were a total waste of time. Is there an over the counter cream or medication i can buy???

I am in the same situation, but I've never felt self-conscious about it. Everyone's is different, and trust me, guys don't care what they look like. I'm 19 and sexually active and my boyfriend has never mentioned it, so I've never been embarrassed about it. Don't worry about what others will think; first of all, only a select few people will ever see it, and I highly doubt those people will care that your labia sticks out a bit.

Omg I know exactly what all of you guys mean.I'm 15 and i have the same problem it's all purple and streachy and hangy and it really bothers me.I don't know if its normal or not though but if someone else does please tell me.

Me too. I'm sixteen, never had sex, and I think I'd be embarrassed to let anyone see me down there. My labia are large and wrinkly and dark grey-purple. They look horrible and are stretchy and rub/fold over each other against my underwear.

I'm 14, and My labia is dark purply-ish, it looks almost swollen, and they kind of stick together too. Mine sound like everyone elses here except mine aren't dry! I am also not sexualy active, and I haven't gotten my period yet.