Hello! I am Mary and I am thirty. I work in the kindergarten and I used to have often throat infections. My mother says this is because I am with children and they spread the infections to me. Last time I felt my nodes swelled but they went back to normal after a week. But I have one neck lymph node which stayed swollen. I don't know the reason. Should I consult my doctor?

Hi! It is always important to consult your doctor on everything that may cause worry to you. The common cause of swollen lymph nodes is infection. The lymph nodes near to infection center swell because the immune system fights against the infecting bacteria or virus. The lymph nodes usually go back to their normal size when the infection is finished. It takes usually a week or two. In your case the throat infection is the cause and I don't think it could be something else. But, if you are worried, you should go and see your doctor.