Hi, my younger sister has swollen lymph nodes for couple of days. I can feel them behind her ears and under her jaw. Can you tell me some possible causes of swollen lymph nodes?

Hi, my children had swollen lymph nodes several times. It usually happens when they have sore throat or a cold. Their throat turns red and tonsils enlarged. I also had this problem when I was a kid, but when I grew up I never had it again. There are several causes of swollen lymph node, and some of them are more serious than the others. Swollen lymph nodes can also be caused by injury, tumor and infection. But don’t worry about that, it’s probably nothing serious. It would be the best to take your sister to doctor to be examined and diagnosed properly. Treatment will depend on underlying cause. If your sister has bacterial infection she will get antibiotics, and if she has a viral infection, she won’t need any medicines.