Hi, I was diagnosed few days ago with Swyer-James syndrome & McLeod syndrome. A doctor told me that this disorder started developing when I was a child. How didn’t I know about this? Did it happen to anyone else to have such a late diagnose?

Hi, there’s no need for saying “Swyer-James syndrome & McLeod syndrome” because it is the same disorder with two names. It is recognized as one of several causes of unilateral translucent lung. I suffer from Swyer-James syndrome (McLeod syndrome) too, and had a late diagnose, which is very common for this disorder. It is a result of unilateral post infectious bronchiolitis obliterans in infancy and early childhood. It is actually a late response to mycoplasma or viral lung infection in adults. My symptoms are cough and dyspnea, which I believe many patients with Swyer-James syndrome have. Also, I often have fever, and I lost some weight due to this disorder. I had chest x-rays, and they showed that I have bilateral, ground glass or alveolar infiltrates.

my son also has this. We found out when he started to complain that his heart was hurting

Hi to all of you here who are suffering from McLeod's Syndrome. My name is Hazad from VisionsLink Pty. Ltd. , Australia. I have a very good news for all of you.
I have helped a 54 year old lady, Ann Elizabeth Deneka using "Oral Oxygen Therapy". Ann was born with McLeod's Syndrome, she was also diagnosed
Brochietasis 15 years ago. She had to rely on 'portable oxygen cylinder'. Her symptoms were Chronic fatigue, Severe headache & Muscle aches, dyspnea(difficulty in breathing), sleeping disorder, her blood oxygen levels were only 84% (normal is supposed to be >95%)

Please read about her recovery in my website avaniwater.com.au to find out about her tremendous recovery. She is now FREE from the Oxygen cylinder, blood oxygen levels rose up 94% in just 2 weeks after the treatment with "Oral Oxygen Therapy". It is a very affordable treatment which has NO SIDE EFFECTS & NO DOSAGE. Read all about it.

Please go to to find out the health improvements of Ann Deneka, who suffered from McLeods Syndrome and Bronchietasis by using a treatment known as "Oral Oxygen Therapy".

This 'treatment' is fast, effective, inexpensive, has no side effects, can be used by all age group and with no dosage(you can use it as much as you want).

For 15 years Ann's been suffering from Bronchietasis with symptoms like stiffness, difficulty in breathing, constipation, fatigue, chronic headaches and muscle aches. She needed to be dependent on 6 portable oxygen cylinders each month.

After just 2 weeks of 'Oral Oxygen Therapy", all her symptoms improved dramatically and she is now living her life without having to be dependent on those oxygen cylinders.

Read all about her improvements in my website. Please feel free to ask any questions you like. I would be more than happy to answer them. I can even arrange a meeting with Ann Deneka, so that you can ask the question to her directly.

Thank you and have a nice day ahead.

To the poster above, I think that it's great that you are posting about this treatment to help people with the syndrome, but I think it's misleading to tell people that there are no side effects because that's not possible. Almost any treatments have side effects so please bear that in mind. But good luck with the treatment!

Hi everyone, just responding to thnfitnessguy comments on the Avani Oxygen Water. I understand your concern about side effects to treatments. If I can clarify, there are NO side effects but there are a few niggly things that each person needs to adjust to. Mine is that I have dirrahoea if I over indulge, but the best thing is there is not drugs and no part of the body is threatened by long term or deadly reactions etc. So the "side effects" are a trivial concern. I myself was sceptical at first but being of poor pulmonary function I am always willing to trial methods that are of help to this area. After six months of trial I wont give it up and am very happy with the benfits,I have been given a better quality of life.

Baboo540, You should realize that diarrhea is a side affect and can cause death so it's dangerous to think otherwise. People need to be aware that just because things can be bought "over the counter" or because they are considered "natural" doesn't always make them safe, or safe for everybody. You should always check with your doctor when trying anything new for your condition... no matter what it is.

Hi I was diagnosed at 35 year old, i had no idea i had it and it was discovered in a routine chest xray.

I am 66 and it was not diagnosed until just over 10 years ago.

My name is Erica and I am 30 years old for years I have been told my diagnosis was bronchopulmonary dysplasia; bpd for short due to being premature weighing 1 pound. In my last hospital admittance I was reading in my papers of this james-swyer syndrome as of March my lung capacity is back down to 21% and they have also found nodules in my right lung on my ct scan that I have to repeat in 6 months. Why, is this disease so hard to diagnosis? I have been told a good chance I would need a lung transplant eventually more than likely but reading this it seems like it is manageable. Hope you're doing well.