Hi. I'm 35 year old male and recently I have started to feel some digestive problems. I want to tell also that I have never had any problems with digestion what so ever.
But, about a month ago I started to suffer from diarrhea, cramping and abdominal pain.
Of course, at first, I thought it was caused by some food poisoning and waited to see if it will get better by it self but symptoms only get worse.
I have contacted my doctor and found that I have some Campylobacter infection. He also gave me some antibiotics but he didn’t tell me anything about the disease it self so, I would like to improve my knowledge about this infection!

Campylobacteriosis is an infectious disease caused by bacteria of the genus Campylobacter. You have experienced almost usual and most common symptoms, although they could involve a long term fever.
The illness typically lasts 1 week.
Some persons who are infected with Campylobacter don't have any symptoms at all.
I would say that you had some very mild symptoms because sometimes even bloody diarrhea can occur.
Good thing about this disease is that sometimes, and in most cases, persons infected with Campylobacter will recover without any specific treatment.
It is very good for you to drink those antibiotics because they can shorten the duration of symptoms if they are given early in the illness.
You should drink plenty of fluids as long as the diarrhea lasts.
Good luck!