Have been treated for Inflamation of sacarilic joint with steriod injections,Recently discovered that I also have degenerative disc disease in L4 and L-5 And have had epidural injection for that...But since the last injection I have horrible pain in right hip,down outside of right leg and calve and hurt/sometimes burning on top of right foot...At present I do not have insurance but was seen 2 days ago at local er and given 5 pain pills.But they did no more test I do take naproson and rotate heat and ice ..The rub on creams do nothing this is a pain that doesn't go away and barely ease up
...Any one have any ideas???

I have what sounds to be the same. In conjunction with injections I have started acupuncture and it helps. The pain, while still there is less frequent and generally shorter in duration.

i also have hurt my back and was given the shots in my back, which only made me more uncomfortable everywhere. in the last week i have developed burning and pressure in my right foot which does not go away no matter what i do and keeps me awake because it is so painful, it causes me as much if not more pain than my back!!!! how can this be relieved????

the lower right of my back, the center/back of my thigh, the back of my calf, and lower right section of my foot have been in pain since thanksgiving of 08. I feel the bolts of pain down my leg and hurt often. The doc said it was inflamation...still hurts. Gotten adjusted...still hurts. What should I do without health insurance? What is it?

People- You all need to be very careful to not let the ER docs just rush you in and out. There are quite a few different problems/diseases with the back that can cause substantial problems including loss of leg use. They commonly like to call the problem inflamation but if they don't do any tests on you, you need to push them to do more.

At a minimum they need to do the physical tests like making you walk with you heels on the ground and toes up off the ground or walking on your toes, then they need to do an angle test in which the have you sit up and they push your legs up to determine the resistance/pain level. There are a number of other tests that they can do including Xrays which are relatively worthless when it comes to 90% of the nerve or disc problems. Both of those require either a CT or an MRI to evaluate the problem.

I managed to miss something on an MRI that the radiologist even cited, but no one else mentioned. It seems that I had developed low grade arachnoiditis. Since no one pursued that including my wonderful surgeon and Attending Physician, two years later I have developed full blown Cauda Equina Syndrome. This is a serious enough disease that I could ultimately lose the use of my legs. The pain has become unbearable, my leg gives out on me for no reason while walking, I have lost all feeling in my right foot and even have a shooting pain down my legs.

Just make sure that the docs are giving you a fair amount of time and watch the results of every single test they give you. ASK, ASK, ASK... If you don't ask questions of the surgeons and doctors, then I assure you they wont tell you.

Good luck and don't be like me. I was smart enough to always ask but still missed a problems that has been there for the past two years. They even knew that the problem existed but somehow forgot to treat it. I had been through 11 surgeries in 3 years and had also developed blood clots in the middle of all these and ended up spending a week in the ICU. :-S :-S