I've been taking BC pills for about 4 months now. I'm usually really consistent with taking them at the exact same time, but since it's summer, I've been taking them a little later than my usual time (sometimes up to an hour or two later). The day before today, I had a little bit of dark brown spotting, and today I had a bit of pink discharge/spotting.

My boyfriend and I had sex a couple days before that--first time, without a condom and the second time with a condom. The first time, we did it unprotected but he did not come in me. He came onto my stomach, but some of the cum did drip onto the top of my lower belly. We wiped it all off quickly after he finished though. From what I know, none of it touched my vagina. He said he did not ejaculate any time prior to sex (including a couple days before this). The second time, we put on the condom before doing anything, and he finished in the condom without it breaking or slipping off.

So the question I have is, is it still possible for me to be pregnant because of this odd spotting? Or is it just a random side effect of the BC pills (since I'm still kinda new to them) that happened to happen just now? I'm just asking to be cautious. Thank you so much!

In case you need to know, I'm on my last week of active pills, and have occasionally spotted before (just not like the pinkish one I got today) when I accidentally skip a pill or take it later than usual. :-)

Hi icycupcakes, I don't think that you're pregnant. So long as you take the pills very regularly, you should be just fine. IF you are anxious, you may want to try taking a pregnancy test iin about a week just to put your mind at ease. Would that help?

Yeah, I don't think I am either. I was just curious because I'm still new to the birth control thing. The random spotting just kinda threw me off. Thank you so much for always answering my questions, healthnfitnessguy! :-)

It's my pleasure. And I just hope that you're feeling better! I know it can be scary to trust it when you're new to it, but you should be just fine. Let me know if you have any other questions!! :)

Hey Icycupcakes how have you been doing? I just wanted to pop on and see how you're doing. Do you have an update for me?

Aww thank you for checking up with me. :-) I'm doing quite fine. You were right--I had nothing to worry about. I make sure to take my bc pills right when it's time everyday now, haha. Thank you so much for all your help, healthnfitnessguy!

Awww, absolutely no problem at all! I'm just glad to hear that it turned out not to be a big deal. Did you ever say what sort of BC you were on? I know that some are less forgiving than others if you don't take them on time.