I have big keloid scar on my left shoulder and I’m thinking to do something with it, like get some tattoo. But I’m not sure that it’s a good idea. My friend told me that keloid scars, especially severe ones, are rarely tattooed over. Tell me is it clever to make tattoo over keloid scar?

Hi! I think that it’s better for you to avoid getting a tattoo over keloid. Because if you are prone to developing keloids, you are at risk of keloid formation from a tattoo. Also I know that many tattooists will refuse to tattoo over keloid scars but you may tattooing around them.

I have a keloid on my right shoulder and i got it covered with a butterfly tattoo. I am very happy with it. You can still see that it is raised if you look close but not very noticeable. Just get an artist that has done this before. :D :D

Are are prone to Keloids? Just wondering because i want to get a tattoo but i have a keloid and people don't think i should get a tattoo because they think the tattoo will keloid.

im wanting to get a tattoo as well, and i have keloids all on my chest and back, but im not prone to getting kiloids, ive gotten many other scars, so if you have gotten other scars and they werent keloids you should be fine, but i just know from that, not educated in this in anyway. hope it helps a little bit

hi..its gud to hear that ur problem is solved to hide ur keloid with tatoo.m also having a keloid in my left arm and want to hide it.
please advice.from where i can find those tatoo makers.
ruchi
delhi

I have a rather large keloids in my upper arm . I used to have a tatoos with a broken heart on it I had it surgically removed and it left me with not just a nasty scar but with raise keloids as well. I am thinking of having it cover with new tatoo . It would be interesting to know if anyone here had it done and what is the outcome. Thank you.

Plz show me a picture ! I want to get one done so bad . A butterfly on my keloid scar

Hi, I also have a keloid scar on my arm which I just had tattooed about two weeks ago. I have one more scar similar that I will be getting covered sooner than later. Go for it but make sure that you find someone that is comfortable to tattoo over it. I did not experience any additional pain and I am pleased with the first one so far.

What did you notice about the healing/flaking on the scar? I got mine covered on Saturday, it's Wednesday now and everything is flaking. I know they said don't peel, but I couldn't resist and mine looks incredibly faded now after some skin was pulled off. And that's worrying me a little. Will it go back to its depth, or will I have to get it touched up?

I also have a keloid on my left shoulder im not prone to them at all ive been told it can be tattoeoed over it but i was told to do a tattoo test with some ink in it and wait a few months to see if the ink will stay or bleed out