I saw that people are talking about scars here. I have scars too, namely keloid scars on a large area of my chest, from acne. Most treatments being discussed are about scars caused by other things, that are not keloid scars, or scars on the face only. All I know is that I would rather not have the keloids that I have. What should I do about them? This I am not sure. So, what are my options, given the fact that we are not just talking about one little keloid but rather a lot, over by whole upper chest area?

Same thing anyone with keloid scars does about 'em, hon. They're not easy to get rid of that's for sure, but you do have options. What everyone's talking about is either laser treatment, which could definitely be used on larger areas like your chest, and having the scars injected with steroids so they go away. Surgical removal is another thing some people do, but 'cause you already got keloid scars, yeah, it's quite possible that your body will react to the incision and healing by forming new keloids, so that's something you ideally wanna stay away from. As far as I've understood them scar removal creams don't do nothing for keloids mind you...

Acne is bad enough. It is so unfortunate that after suffering from acne, sometimes for years at a time, you also have to deal with life long scars. But are they really life long? No. Actually you have many different options. As a previous poster mentioned, it is possible to have the scars removed with laser treatment or alternatively to have them injected with steroids, which are especially suitable for keloid scars as compared to other types of scars. However, if you have never tried to remedy your scars in any way yet, you may try with prescription scar removal creams first, if your doctor agrees.

I have the same problem! Keloid scars from acne are on my back, my shoulders and my chest. I hate them so much and really would do a lot to get rid of them. I did try scar creams to no avail. I am now hoping that perhaps laser treatment will work for me when I save up to have it done. I am not willing to risk any treatment that has any chance at all of making my scars even worse, because they are bad enough as they are and I would hate myself for doing something that only adds to that. I don't fancy the idea of steroids either. Still hoping for some good info about this.

Intralesional steroid injection for keloid scars involves injecting a corticosteroid solution, like triamcinolone acetonide, directly beneath the skin. It works better than topical steroid creams applied to the surface of the skin because it avoids the skin's defense systems and is delivered right where it is needed most. Generally, you will need monthly injections (dose determined by doctor) until you are satisfied with the result. This is not without possible side effects. Bleeding, bruising, infection, abscesses, and pigment changes or skin indents are all possible. However, it may well be a very good option for you. The first step is to discuss this with a dermatologist.

Celebrity

Keep in mind that I have not personally tried these treatments. However, since you were asking what you could do about the keloid scars left over from acne on your chest area, I thought I should throw this out there too. 

Natural treatments that some people have use in their attempts to minimize the appearance of keloid scars include calendula oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil, and salt water. These treatments are all applied topically and I have particularly heard that apple cider vinegar has helped people with acne scars. If it does not work, I say, you have not lost anything either — apple cider vinegar is cheap as dirt. 

Rosie

Apple cider vinegar will make it worst, once the kelloid is open its very painful and once it will heal it' ll getting worst and bigger ive tried it