Please, somebody help me! I think I have a keloid scar and it seems like it getting bigger. I can not even look at it. Probably I should go to doctor and I will do it next week. Until then can somebody tell me how to cover keloid scar? Thanks!

First you should do is to go to dermatologist as soon as you can. As you probably know, there is no treatment for keloid scars that is considered to be 100% effective. One of the treatments is dressings. Moistened wound coverings made of silicone gel or silastic have been shown in studies to reduce keloid prominence over time.

I had a cyst in the middle of my forehead when I was seventeen. When the doctor removed it I guess it turned into a keloid scar. No one i my family has had keloid scarring and I have never heard of it. I am now 24 and I still have it. Just wondering if there was anything I could purchase to help cover it or help make it smaller in time, no matter what the cost. I've been to plastic surgeons and they say they cant do anything about it because my skin in too tight Someone please help me I can deal looking at this anymore. I just wanna swim again and not be embarrassed...

I have keloids on my back from acne. I get cortisone injections to try and flatten them, and I apply pressure to them every night. It's working, but I have to get these shots every 2 weeks, and it can be kind of painful, but it works! Use a tattoo concealer to hide them, or a waterproof foundation. Hope this helps!