I have a serious case of keloidosis. I have keloids all over my face and my chest, back ,around my genitals, behind my ears ,my shoulders, my forearms. Its a shame because i used to be a decent looking guy, now I think my chances of attracting someone of the opposite gender are growing exceedingly slimmer. Everyday my skin all over my body itches to the point where it feels like its on fire, I go to school and I am constantly distracted by the new keloids that form each week, they are accumulating on my face and creating big blobs that are getting closer to my mouth even. I can't shave, I can only use an electric a little under my nose. I avoid junk food, I eat right, and I don't know what is happening to me, it is brought on by genetics (i know) but I have 10 other brothers and sisters and they don't have any problems, just me. I am worried that my entire face will eventually be a gigantic smooth blob. My doctor gives my every treatment available, and nothing works, I have even used homeopathic, herbal, vitamin, and dermabrasion treatments, nothing has produced successful results, my doctor says that I am pretty much screwed. Is there no way to get rid of keloids? will i be maimed looking indefinetly? This is horrible! I hate this! I am on fire as I am typing this thing! this is causing much emotional trauma!

I'm really sorry to listen about your problem. I have tendency to keloids too and many members in my family as well. I have some small keloids in my fingers (cuts), one big one in my leg that is hide (from a surgey) and the one that made me work to find solutions is in my chest like result from chicken pox that I had when I was 12 (I'm 29 now). I know that it's hard to find solutions, but in my country, I started when I was around 13 a treatment with KENACORT-A injections, they are really painful, but they stop the growing of the scar and the itching feeling. In the mid time between injections I used to tape silicon tape over the keloid, it make it softer and easier the next infiltration. I did injections for around 5 years and it never grew back. The color in the scar is different so I cover it with Micropore (I don't like people staring at it). Good luck with your problem, I know that has been a long time since you wrote but maybe I can help you in something.

Hi Johnsonjive,

I understand what you're going through more than anything. I have keloids and acne all over my face, and not only that, my entire back is literally filled with keloids, as well as my chest. One thing I've realized is everything happens for a reason, and we just need to have faith. I was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis 3 years ago, and after i've been getting treated for that, i haven't formed any new keloids. It seemed that because I had that disease, I was forming keloids. I had no idea, until one day I randomly got a complete blood test. If you haven't already, get a complete blood test or a full body test to see if there is anything wrong that could be causing the keloids. I know how incredibly easy it can be to think negative thoughts about yourself - I was under depression, and I was insecure, self-conscious, reserved, and never wanted to talk to anyone. I just didn't feel attractive. I used to cry all the time, I couldn't even look in the mirror. Until one day I just said F*** it, I don't care what anyone thinks. I have keloids, they are a part of me and people have to deal with it. I started being myself, even made fun of myself, just became comfortable with who i am, and people noticed that. I realized that if you just be yourself, people will look through your keloids, they wont even realize they're there. I went through so much shyt too like homeopathy and god knows what. Now I don't use anything. You just gotta not care about what other people think, only your opinion matters. Hope you're keeping well.

I know exactly what your going threw myself. I have keloids on the check area of my face. I did have them on both sides but recently i got surgery and radiation treatment on one side and i haven't had any problems since. I always get stares, either from adults or kids (kids the most). And it hurts. People look at me like i'm a walking museum exhibit. Sometimes its hard for me to get jobs because of it, not just because it looks like i got some kind of disease, but all the time I have to take off just going to the doctor for treatment. Then it itches like crazy and i can't help but to scratch it and then it bleeds and looks worse. I thought there was no body else going threw what I'm going threw until I was reading theses support sites and looking at some videos on youtube. I hope you know that you're not the only one going threw with this dramatic occurrence. All I can tell you is to be yourself and to hell what people think because they don't know what we are going threw, all they can do is assume, point and sometimes laugh. At the end of the day you look in the mirror and tell yourself "I love you" and thats all that matters. Hope you get threw this.

Yeah I'm 12 and i'm in america I have it on my cheek i've had it since i was six and have always be teased about it. Know people tend to stop. I still go though it people stare at me on the bus and my family wont leave me alone about it. It's like im some sort of alien they don't want to associate with. Your'e not the only one and I dont care what people think no more because it don't matter. they are not gong through what we are going through they don't understand  

I am a 39 year old woman and I have suffered from keloids since I was 13 and I contracted the chicken pox virus. Needless to say as a result school was HELL, dating was HELL(espescially because women are supposed to be these things of beauty), forget about meeting people for the first time. The questions, the stares, the comments, I know how you feel. I am one of the only people in my family with this problem so they dont get it. I have tried the shots, radiation, silicone sheeting wraps with compression, removal with laser and knife ...over 5 times and they still come back. This last time they came back with a vengence. They itch, they hurt.... Just know you are not alone in your struggles and pain. I wish there was a social website and meeting place for keloid victims..

thanks so much " you are a hero " God loves you all the time be your self " you guys are all really good looking " :)

I also keloid tendency plz help me to find out a solution..

Dear very sad to read your message, my son accidentally splash himself with acid and his face full of keloids with his right hands multiple keloids, strangers look at him like he's an alien,he is only 12, he always smiles and make himself happy by doing what he likes.. he make us feel that nothing is wrong with him.. I've tried many ways to ease his pain but in vain.. if only the acid when into his eyes he would have been blind... so you are blessed just like my son and be grateful to God..ok enjoy life as it comes...