So, ever since I was diagnosed with chronic insomnia, all of the doctors that I have been visited prescribed me some medications.

Since I do have really bad experience with medicine for everything - flu, stomach, depression, etc, I avoid them. That is why I want to avoid medications for treating my depression.

But I don't know how to do that?

Maybe with some natural cures? I am not smart since this is the first time that I have an issue with something like insomnia.

So, I was wondering how to treat chronic insomnia naturally without medications?

Any recommendations?

Tnx!

Valerian is one of those natural herbs that helps people fall asleep faster and that is why valerian is good as chronic insomnia treatment. It is also good because it doesn't produce the ‘hangover’ effect like some sleeping pills can cause.

That is the case because valerian is totally natural and like that one it actually binds to the same receptors in the brain that tranquilizers such as diazepam bind to. 

The best way to take them is to drink capsules of valerian root an hour before you go to bed.

You can find it almost everywhere. It is healthy, natural and as far as I know, without side - effects. 

Celebrity

I think that, if all those doctors told you that you should treat it with medications, you should do it.

You haven't told us did they find out the cause of your insomnia? Anyway, I can give you a couple of tips and advice on how to treat it.

Try to increase melatonin. There are a couple of ways to do that, but one way to increase melatonin is to provide more of the building blocks used to make serotonin: (5-HTP). This one is made from various nutrients, and those nutritions are folic acid, vitamins B3 (niacin), B6, C and zinc, plus tryptophan.

Good luck.

I agree. You should definitely listen to your doctors. But here are some things that you can always do. Experts are claiming that they are helpful and if I may add, they are healthy, which is really a good thing. For example, a lot of experts will tell you that you should have a slice of turkey or chicken, or a banana before heading to bed. These foods contain tryptophan and that is an amino acid that’s used to make serotonin. This amino acid helps your brain to go to sleep. Also, you should try to add more carbs at your menu because they are also good. For example, a glass of warm milk with a spoon of honey is a great for sleeping.

Hello, guys. Look, step number one in overcoming sleeping problems and chronic insomnia poblem is to change your diet. For a lot of people, their diets are keeping them from falling asleep and a lot of people doesn't know a lot about it. So, before you go to bed, you need to really drop your carbohydrate consumption as someone in here already told you. On the other hand, if you’re consuming too many sugars and carbs, your body is burning and it is fighting against himself, which won't allow him to sleep. What does this mean? That means you must lower your sugar, grain and overall carbohydrate intake before bed.
Once you do that, I believe that you won't have problems with your sleep anymore.

Look, whatever is going on with you and whatever the cause of your insomnia is, you need to know that stress is number one cause for your problems with sleeping. I suggest you take a couple of days off - from everything, and go somewhere, out of the city which can help you get rid of the constant stress. Look, for most people, along with a diet that someone mentioned above, stress is a major culprit for keeping you up at night ,

When you are stressed, you are not able to keep your mind calm. It is always busy and this is what causes you a sleeping issues. 

Hey. I can also recommend you a one really natural thing which is really easy and it doesn't cost a dollar. Well, besides all of that advice, I recommend that for about 30 minutes at least before you go to your bed, to shut off all electronics in the house. That means that before some good movie, you should find some other things that relax you - for example, a good book. This is also the simplest step, and you can always read a good novel, romantic story, or just something that helps you relax. Do that 30 minutes before you go to your bed.