I am a 36 year old male.Lately I have had bleeding coming from my sac. It has happened twice within a couple of months. It come from a spot where there is a vein, but there are no lesions, scabs or any other indication of a wound of any kind. It's as if it comes from no where. Can you tell me what may be causing this.

Jack

Hi Jack, I would see an urologist if I were you to evaluate this bleeding. If no visible signs are present, no pimples, warts, other bumps or anything alike that blood could be coming from, then it is coming from the inside, which probably means that there’s some kind of bleeding going on in there.

If it were some kind of an infection, I reckon it would hurt as such infections usually hurt a lot.

Have you had any surgeries done down there? Or a trauma to the testicles?

You better see an urologist who could perform an ultrasound and see if something’s going on in there!

My husband just went to the Dr. today because he had 3 occasions of bleeding of the testicles where there seems to be no apparent reason or opening of a wound or anything and they said that it can just happen sometime from perhaps cleaning that area and you scrap against it and all - I really am not happy with this anwer! Can anyone help me - this just doesn't sound right.

Did either of you ever find a reason for the bleeding? I just noticed the same symptoms, second time in about 6 months. Any advice?

Has anyone got an answer to this bleeding? I also have had an episode of sac bleeding. thanks

I can't be 100% sure but I have had the same issue twice over the last 3 months and I suspect it may be a small skin tag. When I shower the use a towel to dry off I thing I may scrape the skin tag which causes it to bleed. I don't really see one there although I have some on other parts of my body but my wife said she sees one. If it's not that than I am baffled. I am going to watch it closely.

Here's a link I found on Google http://www.medicinenet.com/skin_tag/article.htm

I have also had a couple of bleeds downstairs, for no apparent reason, the latest being today, it took about 1 hour for the bleeding to stop, anyone else think they know the answer?

Thanks!

i had a problem with a partners testicles bleeding for what seemed to be no reason at all after sex. there was a lot of blood, a lot. it was very dark and obviously from a vein but we could find no opening of any sort.
then i found ANGIOKERATOMA OF THE SCROTUM. there are a lot of sites on this condition check this one emedicine.com/derm/topic28.htm

This testicle sack bleeding is common with males 30-35 and older, but no one likes to talk about it. It is normally not a major concern and should not cause alarm. The real problem here is that the testicle sack becomes dry and rough with age. And, now that we bath everyday, we use harsh soaps that strip away all our skin lubricants that keep our skin moist. The testicle sack must remain soft and moist, not dry, rough and cracked. The testicle sack is lined with tiny veins that run throughout the skin in that region. After a bath, your skin is warm and your pores are open to the max. When this skin is rough, it only takes minimal rubbing or removal of a hair follicle to cause bleeding, especially when in close proximity to a tiny vein. This bleeding can last several minutes and takes a lot of practice to learn how to stop it from bleeding once started. The solution is to bath with mild moisturizing soap, gently pat dry the testicle area (don't rub), and use skin moisturizers (aloe vera, etc.) on your testicle sack to keep it soft and moist. Do this on a regular basis and your bleeding problem should cease or at least be greatly minimized. If bleeding persists, go see your doctor.

I have the same. In my case there are what look like a half dozen tiny blood clots on the outer surface, and when one is scraped while towling off i get significant bleeding. Though my 5-year did enjoy my new song "Band Aid on ma' balls," I'm gonna go to a dermatologist to see what's up.

I am glad to find this information..... I got out of the shower this morning and while drying I saw two small dark spots on my scrotum. I immediately though of seed ticks, since I had been working in the yard a couple days or so ago. I decided to remove them, and the first one I picked at caused the bleeding to start. I never thought it would stop! Hopefully it will be okay (I just got it to stop with pressure -pinching the skin) but I was searching for info until my dr. office opens, and I feel better about this now. Like I said, I hope it will not start again - I guess I'll try to put a band aid on the spot to make sure I can make it through work...... thanks for the information.

My husband's testicle started bleeding in the shower tonight. He is not too concerned except he cannot get it to stop bleeding.
He is assuming he scratched it. Help...how do we stop the bleeding??!!

I agree with "dougmckeel" post/comment. I had alot of bleeding tonight. This happened, as I can understand now, after I started using the body bath scrub (lofa) in that area of my body - the penis and testes - washing and scrubing them hard, as if I wanted to remove dead skin cells!

I know it sounds strange/ funny how I thought of scrubbing that area....but now I am kinda of relieved to see that post/comment, as it definitely was a rough - during shower - drying experience that caused the delicate skin to become dry, and thus crack/vulnerable.

Thank you "dougmckeel"!!!

Are you a doctor...or just a wise guy!!

Thanks again!

yaa i have that problem my balls bleed like that it cant stop bleeding sometimes, I have to use rags to sap up the blood.
it appears to be small red blood buttons every time i pop one it bleeds like hell. some time when my girl friend is close she
sucks it till it stops. but i must say that i think i lose lot of blood because some time i knock out.

I am a vascular surgeon and scrotal bleeding may be due to incompetent valves in the superficial venous system. If you have varicose veins as well as scrotal bleeding this may be the cause. The pundendal vein tributary comes off the Great saphenous vein in the groin area. If the valves are dysfunctional in this vein and the pudendal it can lead to increased pressure in the system. This can lead to scrotal veins and "blebs" that can bleed.