there's a small small bump about the size of a small case o on my scrotum. i pinched the very thin layer of skin above it and it started bleeding... dark red, thick blood. but the bleeding didn't stop or slow down until a bit less than 20 minutes later. 2 wads of tissue were soaked, and my underwear and inside of my jeans pocket. all that out of a tiny pin sized prick.

i was about to go to the hospital when the bleeding slowed, and when it practically stopped, i didn't continue.

i'm hoping i'm overreacting and i don't have 'leukemia' or something, but i just want to know, if you get a tiny tiny tiny cut on the scrotum, is normal for profuse bleeding?

i'm thinking that the platelet count should be low down there? because .. maybe blood shouldn't clot down there so easily?

i tested a drop of the blood and waited for 5 minutes to see if it would coagulate or something, but it stayed as fluid as fresh blood.

i don't want cancer.

jerry21 wrote:

i don't want cancer.

Jerry, did you ever find out what that was. I have the same exact prob today, thought it was a in-grown hair...popped it....the geyser let lose....soacked tissues, boxers...and soaked the jeans in the crotch area....freaked me out. I can't afford a disease, much less a doctors bill.

Hey guys, I don't think you should be too worried. The condition might be called angioma, little dark sports that bleed. The extensive network of blood vessels might contribute to extensive bleeding. It is not lethal, and I don't think it indicates any blood problems.

my husband a yr ago had a lg white head on testicle ,no lumb. That was a yr ago now he had another one , and both times bleeding would not stop for over 45 minutes . Not heavy bleeding but anove that he couldn't go anywhere. What do you think?

Same thing happened to me at least 3 times. Small bumps, when showering or drying rough towel or scrub rubs off the top of the bump and it starts bleeding. Not heavy but it wont stop. The last time it took me almost 2 hours. I have searched stopping bleeding on the net and found a few home remedies that I will try next time.

1. Electrical tape (sounds fishy)
2. Eye drops (sounds like it could work)

Good luck!!

I just had the same type symptom as you folks on my chest. Without looking i scraped something off my chest, guess it was skin or small lump or something, not sure i didnt see it. When i looked down, noticed it was bleeding pretty good, looked like tiny open artery for goodness sakes. Tried applying pressure, didnt work. Tried hold paper towel over for several minutes didnt work. Started to get nervous started looking on internet.

While i was looking, I remembered what I learned to do when i get nose bleeds (get them sometimes often in winter when air gets dry). I pinch my nose for between 5 and 10 minutes and the bleeding stops.

So while searching, i pinched the leaking spot, area of skin about 1/4 between thumb and index finger for a few minutes and low and behold it stopped bleeding, sheewww!

Hope this helps!

Had the same problem, right after a shower. Scared the c**p out of me the first time, because I was in a hotel and I had to give a talk at a professional meeting within 45 min. So, I did first aid:

1) soaked a wash cloth with water as cold as I could get it - ice would have been better but I didn't need it.

2) lay down on the floor and relaxed to get b.p. down a bit, and applied light presser on the bleeding spot with the cold wash cloth.

It stopped within 5 min.

Bro same thing happend to me too today. I was so much scared. I kept the spot pressed fr 5 min to stop the bleeding. What you think is it dangerous? Oh reply me soon.

Jerry Ziggy Guests anybody find it what it really is??? Please reply so other can get benifit too.. anxiously waiting fr your reply...

Those black spots on your scrotum are known as hemangiomas which are common in middle aged men. Holding pressure on them is fine to stop the bleeding. No, it is not cancer and there is no bleeding disorder, yes it will bleed a lot. Good healthy blood flow goes to your organ. Don't freak out, be patient and apply pressure, it will stop. You can see a dermatologists who will reccomend a cream that might help, but just know trauma to the area will cause it to bleed. Hope this helps, Doc C

My husband thought he had a tiny tick on his scrotum, so he pulled it off and it would not stop bleeding. The spot from where the blood was gushing was only about the size of a pin prick. After about 30 minutes of applying pressure with no luck, he put super glue on it. That stopped it, but I'm not sure how safe it is. He is not sure if it really was a tick. He had been working in the woods all week, so it's possible.

Guys, I had the same problem, i had a little spot on my penis, and i peeled it off, and it wouldn't stop bleeding, so I put a plaster on it, and after 24 hours, i took it off, and it started bleeding again!
helpppp!

Guys - happened to me just today - after poking around on the net I found this medico link: http://cacocog.blogspot.com/2005/02/causes-of-scrotal-bleeding.html

seems to be a reasonably common condition - lots of blood vessels down there - got the bleeding to stop, but I am setting up an appointment today.

The above post that lists this as an angioma is correct. A cluster of blood vessels happen to be too close to the surface, and a towel, or etc., scrapes the skin. These will bleed lightly but steadily for a long time, sometimes an hour. Doesn't seem like anything clots the blood.

If you know what it is (angioma) and what to expect, just relax, keep mopping, make your excuses if you need to, and wait for it to stop. It will.

According to my Google searches, it's NOT a disease, or a symptom of anything else. Nor is an episode an indicator of more frequent episodes to come.

The average male will get this at least once or twice, and mostly in middle age or after.

I wish I had read this post *before* I was sitting here painfully pinching my scrotum....

I've got high blood pressure and that tiny pinhole still wants to gush blood after a half hour of pinching..

I'm a bit worried to go to bed tonight?! If it started bleeding again like this during the night I would surely bleed to death!