So I'll be completely honest here and tell you all my story exactly as it happened because I'm a little worried this damage will be a problem.

I was going to the bathroom and having masturbated earlier, the stream was split and one stream missed the toilet entirely.  Thinking I needed to stop and fix whatever was causing the stream of urine to split, I simply grabbed my penis under the head and blocked it for about 5 seconds.  I then bent over, still holding back the urine, to try and examine if the blockage had been cleared before I could make the mess any worse.  But the pressure of preventing the urine from leaving combined with me bending over enough to compress my bladder caused something to tear inside my urethra.  I'm guessing more urine than my blocked urethra could hold caused it to tear and bleed.  Now whenever I apply pressure to the underside of my penis or sometimes when I urinate, the bleeding starts up again.  I'm guessing the reason I continue to bleed is because I'm interrupting the healing process either by forcing blood out of whatever wound there is by handling my penis too roughly or by urinating too strongly.

So occasionally my penis bleeds and I don't know what to do about it.  Should I continue to urinate normally?  If so, should I stay well-hydrated or should I avoid hydrating to avoid having to urinate as often?  Will this heal over time?  If so, will it only take a few days or longer?  Is there a good chance of the wound becoming infected?  Will there be any long-lasting or permanent side-effects?  If I have to see a doctor over this, which kind of doctor would be the best to talk to and how should I contact them?  And if for some reason I get an erection before the wound heals (actively trying not to for the time being) will my penis bleed due to the increased blood flow?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any information and advice you people can give me.  First-time poster and I'm hoping for the best.

hey there, Its hard to think of what could be causing this condition (perhaps a urethral stricture). I would first consult with your family doctor if the condition doesnt get better in a week or so. he will probably refer you to a specialist known as a urologist (doctor who specializes in the urinary tract and male reproductive system). thats what i would do just to figure out whats going on and to prevent possible permenat or more serious damage from occuring.

Well, whatever it was, it fixed itself.  There's no more bleeding, everything is working just fine, and it doesn't burn anymore either.  Healed in less than 2 days and there's no sign of infection.

I guess that was a whole lot of worry over nothing.

lol yea we as humans tend to typically worry over things that arnt worth worrying about. but you did the right thing by being concerned with it because it certianly could have been something more serious.....

Glad everything is ok

I'm having the very same problem right now... I also blocked my urine flow for like 3 seconds and then suddenly I saw blood coming out and I panicked. There was no pain at first but now when I urinate there is a strong burning sensation in the head and there's still blood coming each time I urinate... I'll try urinating less often to let it heal because the burning sensation is almost too much for me to bear and I think I need to give it time to heal. It's been only about 3 hours since this started. If it gets worse in the next couple of days I'll see my doctor but I hope mine heals fast too because I really don't want to talk about this with my doctor.

Sounds like a plan. Most things heal up all by themselves in a few days. That urine sure does burn though. It hurts enough to make you want to hold it in even longer.

What kind of plug did you use to block it? :-)

I bet you won't pinch it so hard next time. 8-|

I admit I was a bit self curious and I wanted to see how it feels to block urine flow. I never expected this to harm me in anyway and I was shocked when I saw blood dripping out. But now I see how stupid I was for not seeing that sudden stop of urine flow would result in tearing of urethra, they're not made of steel after all and liquids don't compress! Right now, I feel like an id**t for even trying such thing but at that time I didn't think at all about it. I will just go to bed early tonight and hope things get better when I wake up tomorrow and urinate. It's good to see that at least there is no blood coming out when I'm not urinating. Only time blood comes out is when I'm urinating and up to 1-2 minutes after it... I think it means that it's trying to heal and I stop the healing process by urinating.

I have exactly the same thing going on but I'm at the point where the blood starts to stop

Exactly the same thing happened to me. The blood stopped after about an hour. My wife insisted that I go a urologist, who has undertaken many tests and found nothing. He doesn't seem convinced by the "injured urethra" diagnosis, but I am!

i had to pee so bad and held it the last minit it was coming out i pinched it and it hurt ,i let go and peed,, now blood is comming out whan i pee after 10 min,, waiting to see if it happens in an hour.. ughhh

I had this happen when I was 19. I am now 31 and usually end up with it reinjured about once a year, mostly from aggressive sex. I wonder if it means something is wrong. Always heals within 3 days though

Can this happen to you from getting oral... I get a bit carried away at times and like to jam my penis down my girls throat as far as I can... today is the first time I have ever had seen blood and it is continuing to bleed out hours after wards... what should I do?

And "your" girl puts up with that? You have your warning from the deep throat fairy, stop jamming it down the girls throat.

try the doc

I did almost the exact thing this morning! I wasn't paying attention and just as I started to pee I saw that I was about to miss the toilet. I squeezed my penis really quickly and stopped the flow entirely for a few seconds, then felt pain when I started to pee again followed by some blood. I have had a similar thing happen a few times after sex and once after masturbation. It seems that once you've had a tear like this, it's not uncommon for it to happen again - at least that's been my experience - so be careful. I'm hoping mine will clear up on it's own the way yours did, and the way it has in the past. I'd rather not have to go through a urologist putting a probe into my penis hole. I can't think of anything more unpleasant, especially considering I'm sore as it is!