Hi, I'm 26, male and just had my tonsills remove on the 31 jan. After waking up from the surgery, i didnt felt much pain then i expected maybe due to meds they had put in me. Just a discomfort feeling when swolloing. On the 3rd day It starts to feel much worst. The pain in th jaw, ears, neck like most people have after going for the surgery. But the pain meds help much of the pain. I was on soft diet the whole time till today. I woke up this morning and went to take a shower. While doing my business, I felt like a phlem building up at the back ot my throat. But the odd thig is it didn't stop but keep building up and my mouth was nearly half full with it. When I spit it out, it was all thick red blood! I quickly wash my mouth and gargle with ice cold water for around a min and the bleeding stop. I look in the back of my throat, and saw a lining of blood on the top left side of where the tonsills use to be. The bleeding has initially stop but I'm just worried if the wound could tear again. Should I get it check? Has anyone encounter this problem during recovery?

wow, this just happened to me 10 minutes ago except i put a frozen banana over my throat to cool the area. bleeding stopped within a couple of minutes. did you experience bleeding again? i'm so nervous that it'll happen to me again. i'm actually on my 5th post op day.