I've got a very sore, stiff jaw for a week now. I'm not entirely certain it's not from a hard piece of jerky I ate last week. It must have been over-dried, because it was so tough. Anyway I was hungry and it was all that was in my house. Believe me tough that I actually felt my jaw popping as I chewed it. I keep going back to the whole tetanus thing. I read this story on lockjaw, and given that there seems to be a shortage, I'm a bit concerned. I'm not sure when my last tetanus booster was. One would assume the last time I had a full medical checkup and that was almost 10 years ago.

I've had an occasional popping and clicking from my jaw in the past. I can move my jaw side to side, but on full movement to the right I get pain in front of my ear. It doesn’t happen when I move it to the left. When I open my mouth I get clicking in both sides of the joint. There is no association with tetanus, unless you are having fever or other signs your symptoms are more likely secondary to mild TMJ. Well there is no shortage of tetanus vaccine so I would get one soon and re update every ten years.