%-) i notice that my jaw pops a lot especially when trying to take big bites. does this happen to anyone else? could this lead to lock jaw? what exactly is lock jaw?

Lock jaw is caused by a bacteria called CLOSTRIDIUM TETANI. One of the symptoms is tightening of the jaw muscle which eventually will cause problems with speech and swallowing. Lock jaw is very very uncommon due to vaccines for tetanus. The bacteria lives in soil all over the world and a cut from a rusty nail or a sharp object beneath the soil can cause tetanus. But because we are innoculated then re inoculated, usually every 10 years, the chances of getting tetanus is rare.
The popping that your having could be a sign of TMJ. MANDIBULAR JOINT DISORDER. This is your jaw being out of alignment. This could happen due to an injury, bad teeth, grinding etc.
This could also be attributed to your headachs that we talked about in one of your other posts.
I suffer from TMJ. I even have a hard time yawning big. You may want to check in with your Dentist and grab it before it gets way to bad. TMJ is painful when in full bloom.