My boyfriend, 25yr, white male, over that last year has started getting pimples or boils (I'm really not sure what they are?) on his head where his hair is. He does not have them on the back, neck, or chest. They can be large, sore, very red, sometimes with a puss head to them. There can be up to maybe 10 at a time, they fluctuate, sometimes he will have few or none. 
We CANNOT figure out their cause. We have tried, switching shampoo, hair gel, pillows, and baseball caps. He won't let me touch them at all. We don't know what kind of medicine to put on them. Mostly we want to know what is causing them so we can fix it. He refuses to pop them or put alcohol on the ones that are there so we really need to find out how to stop them from starting. I'm thinking maybe it is stress or his diet? Not sure, please respond. 

Hi there, I have the same problem tooo...I also noticed no one helped in sorting this problem out. I do have a temp solution, which may solve your problem depending how bad this is.

The cause of this I feel is because of the heat the climate creats and then effects the head which then leads to sweat which boils the scalp. So...inorder to cool down the head heat, in the night, try applying a hand full of cold youghut before a shower, it can be fresh or in a cup, they have a head shower with cold water, I had the same problem but when I stopped using it for a week it started again..so as of now, I do this twice a week and everything seems to be alright...Youghut is also good for the hair...

Let me know if it worked out.

See ya

i have the same problem and hav experienced the pain of it :-(..
and nobody helps in dis topic.. i know dat..
but the reason for this problem is excess secretion of oil in the body..
so avoiding oily food n not having oil in the head is a way out..
even if u apply oil make sure it doesn satyn in ur scalp for a ong time.. immeadiately hav a hair wash..
its difficult to practice n i myself cant follow dis.. and ds results in hair loss too.. i`m plannin to consult a dermatologist soon..

Same problem here. I found either extreme physical labor and or extreme low fat intake will keep boils away. I think certain people can't process the fat / oil and it comes out in skin. When my physical exertion is real high and fat intake real low I can't view oily skin behind earlobes or forehead which is good and the boils subside. Doctors are useless here. I use lotsa alcohol on the boils and I can just hear the dying bacteria scream. My dad had same problem in the army.

i have the same problem for more than 18 years. I am looking the remedy. But I used fenugreek seed, soaked in the water throughout the night. Take two tsp olive oil , 1 tsp caster oil , mix well until bubbles come out. Then apply on the head. Keep it for 1 or 2 hours. Then apply grinded fenugreek paste, wait for 1 hr minimum then wash it out. This gives some relief for some days. I get this boils more on summer and less on winter.

i have that same problem.some times i have less boils and some times more. i have this for more than 3 months. recently i went to a skin doctor .
he prescribed me some anti-fungal and vitamin tablets ,shampoo and a anti-bacterial ointment.i am trying on it.i hope it will go off.

may god help us all.
:-(

I too have the same problem and I've had it for over 4 years.
I too think the doctors are useless as I've been many many times regarding this and none of them know what it is and how to prevent it.
I am constantly prescribed antibiotics which work brilliant while taking them but as soon as I stop within a matter of 1 - 2 weeks the boils return and they come back extremely aggressively.
This god forbid condition has resulted in me taking time off work and also sleepless nights.
I've tried many solutions of my own and find that if I eat no chocolate or any food which contain any amount of cocoa then it helps and also food which is less oily and low in sugar helps me too. But sometimes this is not the case.
Having been to the doctors umpteen times they have finally referred me to a dermatologist however they too have no cure for this condition and again I have prescribed me more antibiotics. I have tried various shampoos but none of them work.
I've come to the point now where I'm in soo much pain when I have these boils that it makes me cry with the intense pain, my head feels like it's on fire and sometimes about to burst open.
I'm considering going private now to a specialist consultant and can only hope they can help. But maybe the cost of going private will be too much for me.
Antibiotics are great for the length of time you take it but I'm sceptical about taking them for too long, even though the doctors and the dermatologist has said that there are no side effects from takinf antibiotics.
God help me, hope this blasted condition goes away forever!!!

I too have the same problem. Did anyone come up with a solution at all

Try some food grade Hydrogen Peroxide.. (H2O2)
You will most likely have to go to a health food store to find this..

Note.. the Peroxide in the brown bottle found at your grocery store will not work the same... I do suggest doing a search on proper use and handling of H2O2 for a holistic cure.. This stuff works on lots of other infections!!

I have this problem and went to Bupa doctor .
He said its Follicalitus . An infection in the follicles on my head.

His solution was to take antibiotics the rest of my life ,,,,id**t ,,,,,,,Just destroy my immune system instead !!!!!!!!!!!

I have tried hipi scrub ,this is a surgical cleanser what the doctors wash with .
Yes the pain of 5/6 boils in one week is so painful. they do drive me wild.
They do seem worse when i am not working every day, As one reply says maybe more physical work may help.

I have this condition,,trust me nothing works

Just stay active physically and pray. This condition was mentioned in the bible, so trust in the Lord to get your life right. I am 21 years old and have been suffering with this since I was 17. The doctors don't know anything about it. So if u don't believe I challenge you to trust in a higher power and see how by Jesus' stripes we are healed, then go back to your doctor and kindly set all those creams and pills on there desk and thank them for there effort.

did any of you end up finding something that helped you with your boils? My husband has run into this issue as well. And like some of you he did take the medication prescribed by the dermatologist and when it ended these boils came back with an vengeance. Please let me know if you guys found anything that helped.
Thanks

I was researching Boils on the web and found this useful information. "Boils are usually caused by a bacteria called Staphylococcus (staph). Most staph infections develop into abscesses and can become serious very quickly. This germ can be present on normal skin and enters the body through tiny breaks in the skin or by traveling down a hair to the follicle". The article stated that we all have Staph bacteria on our skin but some people are more prone to developing infections from it when they get scratches, etc that allow it to enter the skin. When the pus drains it tends to spread to other areas and that is probably why some of the people who have posted above keep having them over & over. That is also why antibiotics clear them up for a short time. However, if you are not careful the wash cloths,, etc you have used on that area can still be infected and reintroduce the staph infection to other areas of the skin. Remember, staph infections are VERY contagious. The article stated that people with certain health problems like diabetes, etc. or people taking medications that lower the bodies resistance to infections are more prone to staph infections. Research Boils on Google and read all the medical information about them & the treatments for them. You may find useful information.

There is No Permanent Solution it will go Off only by time.. iam suffering from it from Last 7 years and i cray almost every week In pain havent slept properly For 6years.. iam getting weak... only solution is Steriods.. as By new Medical research.. It helps u reduces Fungal on Skin and reduces Oil production .. But long intake can be dangerous For loosing Eyesight and Mental power.. But No permanent Solution U hav wait until its time.. Probably u attain age of 30 or so u wil get it lessened.. thers no point in Lookin for answers on internet .. only way to slightly control it is do regular exercise Areobic exersise.. and clean off sweat as soon as possible.. use cold bathing water and intake water supply upto 6liter min..and filtered water for drink,, avoid oily food and warm o hot food.. Red and green Chilli acts as deadly as a angel of death.if u feel ur having raw tounge tasteless wanna have anything spicy take a pinch of lemon and eat it.. Frndz thers Nothing in world except ur health .. plz take care.. Following routine is very hard but once u start following U will feel the pleasure n Happiness Of life .. n belive me u will be successful always jst follow it.. Mark my words Frnds iam also suffering from same desease..God Bless u PPL with Sucess..