What are the symptoms of turrets syndrome? thread.
Please continue posting within this thread.
ill keep updating in this forum when i get more news
- when I go into public places I get frustrated, feel like people are touching me or that they are too close, so I end screaming at them explosively. It's not really cussing most of the time, but I can't do anything or say anything but scream!
- when I do cuss or swear, I'm just SO angry! This is why, for instance, I do not do it at a job interview. But if I get angry it's an explosive string of nervous swear words my friends have trouble not laughing at..so I laugh, too.
- I have awful mood swings, and usually take it out on objects and have a minor dependency on alcohol when I'm not 'level.' I usually have to urge to hurt people and find myself saying "I just want to beat them a little!" I get REALLY hateful when trying to pick fights when I feel this way and can't seem to control that either..
- I bite my fingernails CONSTANTLY to the point that my boyfriend gets mad. I do it when I'm feeling nervous or not, because I usually am always nervous. We will sit and watch cartoons and I will have no idea I've been chewing on my thumb for an hour. It's like zoning out, and I do it all the time whether at work or at home. I pick scabs off even when it hurts and bleeds, as well, and have a problem picking at myself like even my nose, ears, especially things that puss from earring holes. I smoke cigarettes, and this is when I get my brake from twitches like these.
- Obsessive cleaning is becoming a problem now that I am a bit older. I just can't stop! I want everything to be perfect all the time, especially in front of other people. I hate cleaning, but somehow seem to love to do it. It's weird.
- I have a personality disorder of some kind where I forget the faces of people I once knew a minute ago, I do not know if this is related but my boyfriend insists it is. It has only happened 3 times in 2009 (I have to count for my doctor) and getting better. It lasts about 30 minutes and has been happening ever since I could walk/talk. I have a system that makes these unnoticeable to the untrained eye, though.
- When I write, no matter how much it doesn't matter that people read it, if it's not completed from start to finish then I have an attack and dash to cover it up and will loose my whole train of thought so others can't look.
- and finally, I have panic/anxiety attacks so bad I can't breath. I can't ever bring myself to ask someone for help for anything, so when I really HAVE to is when I get the worst attacks. I can't make out words, I get dizzy, and stop breathing.
I am probably forgetting some other things I don't realize I do unless my boyfriend helps me out, but this what has become a problem for me and why he thinks I have turrets. I'm still looking for answers, but like I said, doctor's are never upfront with me because they are afraid of what I might do.I just take the meds and hope they'll help. I hope someone can help me self-diagnose these symptoms! The following is what doctors have told me that I DO have:
-Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
-Extreme Explosive Disorder
vocalin, strutara, and clonadin rilly solw the tics down. becues I no longe sufer from the tics i have made a relacaion teckneec to cope with the disorder. long deep brething and a good state of mind will keape you callm and keep the tics at bay.
I just turned 21, When I was a kid I was diagnosed with both ADHA, and dyslexia. I was too poor to get proper treatment, I never saw a doctor after the I was diagnosed. People around me say it very obvious that I have ADHD, and I am very familiar With dyslexia and how it affects me but I have noticed recently that I there was something else wrong I was not sure what but I am not normal. I thought i might be crazy or schizophrenic or something. So i looked up common symptoms of disorders and I was worried about what i found. Ever sense I was a little kid I would get these cold shiver through my back, but i would not just shiver I would have this ALMOST uncontrollable urge to quickly jerk my whole body back and further real quick and as I do this I kinda scream, not really a scream but a high pitched little yelp kinda like i'm scared. it always freaked people out i would just say i was cold. Also get these weird gestures that i do, when i was in middle school i used to take my hands and one by one flatten out my **** constantly, when i got nervous or stressed i would rube my stomach, making my shirt flat. then I got in to this hand stretching thing were i would just completely stretch out my hand. anyways i am always having these "little moments" some times they change somethings they stop and never comeback. WTF..... does anyone have any ideas?
Oh I almost forgot, this is the weirdest part. I have problems controlling what i say, not so much as controlling what is say but more i just blurt **** out sometimes with out thinking about it, but the really weird part is I say one thing in particular that is alarming, every now and then I just blurt out I was wanna F**K a an animal. like a sheep. So I will just say "Hey I wanna **** a sheep." I don't think about it and i don't mean it i just say it. I don't know what that is but its weird. also if i have strong feeling about something and i'm thinking hard about it and some one talks to me i will blurt out the next thought in my head, with out thinking about it and i can't control it, it just happens. What should I do, is this normal?
Im not sure if I have turrets but it started like last year.. I ust to get this muscle spasm of sorts that I would like hit or punch myself . Now I have this tick were ilike do this thing were I raise my shoulder and tilt my head together and when im done I am compelled to say turrets:-@
i would suggest that anyone affected by turrets cheques all foods + medicines they use for MALTODEXTRIN. If you are allergic to MALTODEXTRIN you can have very severe symptoms, joint pain, excruciating headaches, swollen tissue, weeping eyes, dry eyes, swelling of eyelids, etc, etc,
It would not supprise me if people with turrets are alergic to MALTODEXTRIN,
It is in lots of food and medecine.
it can be found in bread, noodles, salad dressing, licorice, bran vinegar chips, bottle sauces, calcium tablets, etc. etc.
you have to read all ingredients in everything, also, get back to cooking natural foods, and stay off rubbish quick foods.
I am not a medical person, but my husband suffered badly from MALTODEXTRIN.
aha my "turrets" had in deed gone improved from the 5 months but i will check on the maltodextrin thing....i only have weird muscle spasms now every so offten