I noticed that my son had tics, both vocal and motor, and many times during the day. There were before for short period of time but it disappeared, so I didn’t pay much attention. Anyway, he has been diagnosed with Tourett’s syndrome. Does anyone know what causes this condition? Any related problems?

In my child’s case they told me that is genetically transmitted, that it was passed through the gene to my girl. They claim that there is 70% chance of displaying symptoms with girls and 99% with boys. As I am familiar with Tourette’s syndrome, it is believed that an abnormal metabolism of neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin are involved with the disorder. There is a belief also that people with TS are more likely to have problems like: ADHD, obsessive-compulsive disorder, various learning disabilities and like in my daughter case sleep disorder.