pls if any one can give advice to me. my son has got dyslexia, and i've noticed lately that he has got ticks, he's been refered to a specialist at my hospital.they believe that he has got turrets syndrome. would be grateful for any advice on how to deal with him. he's very upset with wats going on. he's only 7 yrs old. :-( it was my 1st time to use this forum. so its been nice to see that noone is interested in replying, so thanks to all.

Hi! Tourette's syndrome runs in my family. My grandmother, dad, myself and 2 of my children have this. I first want to tell you that everything will be ok! This is not a death sentence!! Your child can and will grow up to lead a very normal, healthy life! Tourette's can be different for everyone. Sometimes it gets worse and others better. Boys have a higher rate of getting TS than girls. The best thing to do for your child is let them know that you will love them no matter what! You need to be very understanding of your child esp at the age of 7. He doesnt know what is going on, so what you can do is do some research on TS and try to explain it to him the best you can and in child like terms. It was easier for my kids because they have always known mom as having "tics" and knew that was just me! They have never been embarrassed over my tics and are very accepting of them. If you have any more questions, please free to get ahold of me! Good luck.

Jeannine

Hello!

I have both of these and the best thing I can say is find out what you like to do and do it. Things may be harder for you, you may get rally frustrated, but once you figure out how to do what it is you will be doing in life you will be great. Do not worry about what others think of you or how what you do that is different from others affects them. Most people hopefully will not care, some will look and point, some will laugh and some will be jealous. You are who you are and you are the only you, however as special as you are there are many others just like you who have to bare the blunders of others.

I am 56 years old and have been doing this for as long as I remember, looking back I find it was a blessing - it allowed me to be different and gave me a reason to be different. It allowed me to be different, it allowed me to figure out who I am and what I do and gave me insite others may not have.

Dale F. Victor dalefv@iinet.com

I am a preschool teacher and I believe one of my students has tourettes, so I came online to look for more info. I found this website http://tourettenowwhat.tripod.com/ and it really has alot of info. maybe it can help you too. Good Luck
Mrs. Kathy