Hi! I have high blood pressure; also I have high cholesterol, and high triglycerides. Doctor suggested me diet. When I look diet, I am thinking about going Vegetarian. If I can’t eat meat, eggs, it’s maybe better to be vegetarian.

Hi! You should serious think about going Vegetarian. Most of people, who are Vegetarian, have different view of life. You should eat fish, but grains aren’t good for you because you have high level of triglycerides. Maybe is better to find some dietitian, he will suggest diet which is best for you. Moderate is always best. If you don’t eat meat, grains, and some other food you can have nutrient deficit. I take care about my diet, and I have normal cholesterol. I had similar problem as you a year ago. But, I must admit that I am not Vegetarian.

I would seriously think again about your decision. Vegetarians aren't that great either as the previous poster stated they often are nutrient deficient. I'm not going to point fingers but normaly people with high choloesterol eat alot of ground beef and fatty cheeses. There are better alternatives to burgers and fries that don't contain being a vegetarian. Try lean chicken or fish. Although you should only eat free range chicken and wild caught fish. Fish should be limited to once a week for Mercury problems. Second how about Detoxing and Cleansing your system? That is a natural way to lower cholesterol and high blood pressure amoung other things. How about just eating more vegetables? I find that most people with high choloesterol hate vegetables and fruit and stick to starches. Bad choice. How about monitoring you pH level in your body? The blood has a very strict pH level it likes and your body will do anything to keep it there including messing up other systems of the body that can handle a wider range of pH levels. If you keep your body in a healthy level and monitor it you'll find that many "common problems" of today's world won't be your problems anymore. This includes high cholesterol, high blood pressure, headaches, fatigue, weight gain or difficulty loosing weight, acid reflux, etc. ANd last how about exercise? Even light exercise has been found to be a good lowerer of high cholesterol. I think there are more options than just "I'll become a vegetarian" as I think that many people who jump on the fad bandwagon don't learn how to really do it. A good vegetarian eats wheat grass, tofu, and seaweed. I have a feeling you weren't thinking in those terms. huh?

I'm a vegetarian to a certain degree, i do eat fish,eggs and milk.

Don't think by becoming a vegetarian it's a quick cure because i have high triglycerides and high blood pressure.

You tend to eat more carbs when you are a vego...and also more chocolate XD