I had my gall bladder removed over 20 years ago. I had two stones that were calcium oxylate and also had kidneys stones 6years later with the same composition. Since the surgery I do have to watch what I eat or I immediately have to go to the bathroom. I weigh about 70+ lbs more than I did at that time...I am now 51.

I recently went through an exercise regimin for 6 months and lost only 5 lbs! I have been on several diets including South Beach and the Sonoma Diet...which really seems to help take off some lbs, up to 40lbs, but I just can't seem to get it to go further or stay off. I eat vegetables, whole grains, fruits with fiber, chicken and fish, etc...all good things.

I started looking at forums such as this and noticed a number of follks have the same problem, weight gain after gallbladder surgey. Looking back I do see that it was at that time when the weight gain started to get worse. I always feel bloated and have flatulence constantly, which I always atributed to the fiber cerals I ate. I recently had annual blood work done, everything is within range except my testosterone is low. My cholesterol numbers are all good and even on the low side. I do have high blood pressure and take several medications for that. Any ideas on what I can do to help?

A likely reason why you would gain weight after this is because when the gallbladder releases bile correctly into the system after proper digestion, it causes your body pH to become more alkaline. You want your body pH to be in the alkaline range for optimal health. When you remove your gallbladder, it often makes the body more acidic, leading to more disease and weight gain.

I suggest you get a hold of some alkaline water. There are local health food stores that have kangen water or ionized water machines that produce alkaline water. If you were to drink this, it would assist your body pH as well as your digestion. Call up local health food stores in your area and ask if they have this water or if they know of places that do.

Dear dallasnaturelover, I know what it's like to pass kidney stones...Last Saturday I passed FIVE in 24 hours. I usually pass one here or there or it's a big one and it's off to Lithotripsy again. I have had 4 of those in 19 years. I myself gained 50 pounds when I had foot surgery. No movement mixed with the freezer dinners NOT a good combination. After my Mom died, I decided right then I wasn't going to be like that anymore. No diet plans, No diet pills, No counting calories! Nope, I came up with this one all myself and lost 50 lbs...and it has stayed off. SINCE there are people out there who are acting UGLY (you're old school you should get that one) I will continue this conversation in private with you. The SEVEN people who put a thumbs down are being judgmental and if you read the NIV James 4:11. I hope to hear from you soon dallasnaturelover PS GO SKINS! lol