I continue to eat fish. I can no longer eat red or white meat as time went on I began associating this with a face. I really never thought of myself as a vegetarian however everyone seems to think of me as one because of this. I've read there are lots of people that do consider themselves as vegetarians even though they truly refer to themselves as a 'vegetarian' ~ any insight?

There are many “rules” about being vegetarian, not to mention all the divides on whether you eat/drink milk, eggs or even honey and gelatin. But definitely most people seem to think eating fish but no other meat makes you a vegetarian so that’s why they see you as one. But among vegetarians themselves only the person who eats no meat at all, including chicken and fish is considered a true vegetarian. And there is a stricter form of vegetarianism – veganism where all animal products (honey, for example) are not used. People who eat only fish and don’t eat any other meat are, in the most cases, considered to be semi-vegetarian, as in sort of a transition phase to vegetarianism. That is only based on the belief that fish is not meat.