Hi! I heard many different stories about vegetarian diet. Somebody thinks that it’s very healthy but others say that it can be dangerous. I believe that vegetarian diet can be useful for general health. What can you tell me about it? What's your opinion on vegetarian diet? Should I try?

I think that vegetarian diet is great. Everyone needs to try it. One of the advantages to the vegetarian diet is that it tends to be low in fat and cholesterol. A vegetarian diet also can help you avoid heart problems and even cancer. A vegetarian diet may be the key to weight loss.

i've been a vegetarian for over 3 years now. i was clinically obease before hand and was just getting heavier. I love animals, that's why i went vegetarian, but since then, i have lost 80lbs. it's great to feel better with the energy and look better too. I wouldn't be able to promise anything but it is definetly one reason why i lost my weight.

hi, I am 16 and have been veggie for 2 and a half years. i find that a vegetarian diet can be an adveture at times as i am always trying new things. A vegetarian diet is low in fat and cholesterol and being a veggie reduces the chance of health problems such as cancers of the blood, bowel and stomach and reduces the chance of getting kidney stones and colon disease. As well as this a vegetarian diet is good for the environment. hope this is of some use :D

I have been a vegetarian for over a year and I really enjoy it.

To follow a vegetarian diet properly, you do need to educate yourself first or things may not work out best for you. For instance, there is the matter of obtaining enough iron which meat eaters can usually get. Iron in the diet comes in two main forms, heme (obtained from meat) and non-heme 9obtained from vegetation). As vegetarians like me do not eat meat, then getting enough iron can be a challenge. I am, thus, limited to obtaining iron from 'non-heme' sources. That may be well except that non-heme iron is not as well used (bioavailable) by the body as heme iron is. Consequently, there is a risk of becoming iron deficient by following a vegetarian diet.

However, the research into the matter I did showed that by ensuring I get enough vitamin C - which is easy to do - that I can at least make the non-heme iron more usable in my body.

Another curious feature I have found is that following a vegetarian diet has allowed me to try new and different foods. Meat is high in protein but so are lentils, peas and beans. I'm not a big bean fan per se but I really like bean soup and hummus is a winner. Those are just examples from my own life but they highlight how creatively one must think if deciding to follow a vgetarian diet.

Vegetarianism isn't for everyone but I find it works very well for me.
Peace
RAMH ;-)

I DO TO