Hello, for about a month now my throat has felt hard and slightly swollen under my adam's apple. At least, I think it started about a month ago...I never noticed it before, anyway. I suppose there is a very mild difficulty or discomfort when swallowing too. Anyway, I did some googling and most people seem to suggest stress as a possible factor...but from what I could gather, the Globus Hystericus phenomenon only makes it seem like a lump in the throat, whereas I have an actual lump, not so that you'd notice, but I can feel it when I touch it with my fingers, and so can other people.

Anyway, any help or advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

:-D

Well,

As much as I know there are a lot of things that can cause the swelling in your throat. However if I am not mistaking this can be a swollen lymph node, but I am not sure if they can stay swollen for this long. Usually your body gets rid of the problem that causes the swelling and they tend to get back to normal. I don’t want to frighten you but there is also a chance that this might be a tumor which can only be diagnosed at the hospital. So my suggestion would be to go to hospital and see your doctor and see if you can do some scans of this lump of yours.

Good luck,

Karel