For atleast the last 14 months, I have had a feeling of a mass in the right side of my throat which is very evident when i press down on the area, and also a enlarged, painless lymph node close by to it. Both the mass and lymph node are much more evident and easier to feel when I tense my neck area, they seem to portrude much more and the lymph node is definitely visible when I do this, and the right side of my throat looks much more "bulkier" or swollen compared to the right. It also feels like the texture is different to my left side, just like there is alot more tissue or something under the skin compared to my left side.

I have been to the doctor three times over the past year about this, and plan to go again as it has not reduced in size and the doctor told me just not to worry about it unless it seems to grow in size which I'm sure it has done recently, but I cannot be rested until I know what this is. I don't exactly feel happy with my doctor's diagnosis, as the first 2 times he told me there was absolutely nothing there and got angry with me because he said I was worrying about nothing. But then the third time he apologized and he did confirm there definitely is a enlarged node, but told me not to worry if it doesn't grow in size. But I feel like how can he know something isn't bad when he felt my throat for 10 seconds maximum?!? Any ideas as to what it could be? I'm so worried about this, I'm a 19 year old male who is university and this is really affecting my work as I constantly think about this lump in my throat, and think its cancer or lymphoma or something terrible and I just need confirmation as to what exactly this is. It's really affecting my life negatively :-(

I want my doctor to give me a test or something to determine what it is atleast, but I dont know what to ask for. What kind of test shall I ask for? A scan or something?

Please, any advice as to what it could be, and what I should ask for at the doctor for a test, and I would be so grateful! This has been getting me down for far too long.

Is it tonsil?

If it is tonsil, what color it is? Red, white dots, etc?

My glands are constantly swelling and hurt, I went to the doctor before but he said that its only swollen glands and I should only go back if my tonsils flare up. On the right one there is a white lump. I don't know what it is and little worried it could be something serious. They are swollen again at the moment and I've also noticed the area around my neck and shoulders is starting to feel very tender. Can anyone advise me ?

My opinion is that you could get some blood tests to see what else that might cause it. Another two blood tests are to check a mercury level and a thyroid level. If you doctor insists that you do not need the blood tests, then you have a problem with your doctor. Find another doctor who is really understand the health issues.

Off subject, you might have eaten too many fishes due the mercury. You also might have too many amalgam (mercury) fillings in your teeth, and it could be leaking in your blood stream. It is illegal for any dentists in the U.S. to use the amalgams for their patients. Now, they use the plastic or composite fillings. I may believe that your dentists in your country are improving with new fillings instead of any metals. It takes approximately 7 years to get out of mercury in your body after you removed the mercury fillings. ...Maybe, you have some food allergies?

In my mind, you do not get enough Vitamin D (very common for most people). Vitamin D pill helps for many reasons, but I can't point that this is the answer. Actually, vitamin D is from the sun that you need for about 15 minutes outside everyday. But, I believe that you start with your blood tests to see what happens.

The white lump in your throat probably is a staph. Use sea-salt and warm water and gargle it two times a day for a few days to see what happens. Maybe, you would become a big monster... just kidding. Just take care of yourself. If you really have the staph, then Doxycycline could be the answer to kill the staph. The pills last two weeks - I hate that pills, but it is better than sorry.

See another doctor who cares. There has to be a reason for that. I am waiting on my test results for a mass in my lower right neck. My doctor ordered blood work and a PET- CT scan for me.