the other day i developed a knot in what seems to be a muscle somewhere between my adam's apple and my jaw seemingly out of nowhere. over the following couple days it has gotten more tense and sore. i've tried to massage it out but it's not working.... now i'm beginning to worry that it might be a swallow gland or something like this. anyone ever experience anything like this?

I've had the same issue for the past 6 days..just went to my doctor yesterday and he's ordered a CT scan of my neck..also had some bloodwork done. he said it might just be inflammatory or an abcess...but just to make sure he's having me get the ct scan to rule out anything malignant..and the bloodwork to rule out hypothyroidism

The gland that got swollen is most likely a lymph node. We have lymph nodes all around our body and they play important role in our immune system. Now you should not treat the swelling of the lymph node but rather search what has caused this. When you find the cause and treat it your swelling will disappear as well. Have you had any complications with your dental problems? Sometimes and infected or bad tooth can be the cause of the swelling. Your gland is near your tonsils so this might even reflect on tonsil infection so try to check your oral cavity as best as you can. If you don’t find anything wrong you can run some test at the hospital.