Users comments and reviews on article Having Lump In The Throat Sensation by Heidi

Thank you for this friendly article. I have been suffering with this globus sensation for a couple of months now. I have been examined by ENT and Gastro. My diagnosis was Laryngeal reflux, stress, and anxiety. I will be so happy when this sensation ceases. XD XD XD

I have had a swollen lymph node since January 2009. I have been to the Doc. 2 times and perscriptions were given. The second one seemed to work for a while. And now the swelling is back and I feel my throat is closing up on me. It's kind of scary. Has anyone else had any of these symptoms? I have had sinus problems for about 3 years always blowing my nose and coughing alot,my nose will run with no warning. Any information will be helpful. I am going back to the Doctor's next week. Thanks

For me it was post-nasal drip. I didn't even even like that could possible be the cause. Easiest was to find out is to take a antihistamine and see if the sensation goes away.

If so, then it might be post-nasal drip. THen you just have to figure out what is making your sinuses full and runny.

Hope this helps.

I have suffered from the intermittent feeling of a lump in my throat for 11 years now. It began when I was under a lot of stress, and my doctor diagnosed the cause as exactly that - stress and anxiety. However, he never did any tests. Now, I may be having some thyroid issues. I am waiting on the test results from that. I am wondering if one could lead to the other, or if I may have been suffering from thyroid issues for all this time?

ive been suffering from this swollen feeling in my throat for 9 months now and it is scary , i can swallow and eat ok it comes on usually in tha afternoon all depends or usually its there all day im due to have the camera down my throat 24th of august cant wait been waiting 4 montha all together i wish i new what it is

I have been with this weird feeling of a lump in my throat for 3 years. I am sure this problem is caused because of the stress and anxiety. The situation is any doctor or medicine can't help to cure this. I have 3 jobs and 4 kids, living in California, which is very expensive, to be close of my relatives is not fun since my health is being affected. I think the best we can do as a family is to live in a relaxing place where just one job could afford all the expenses. Any suggestions?