Hi, I'm a 17 year old male who has been a light user of chewing tobacco over the past year, going off and on with it. The past 7-10 days I've had the feeling of a lump when I swallow/tightness. I have theorized it may be caused by stress as I know I probably have mild GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) but that is just self diagnosed. I don't really have consistent headaches, but sometimes it feels like I have pressure in my ears, causing slight discomfort. Overall I've been feeling kind of shitty recently sometimes I feel fatigued, other times not so much, but an overall feeling of just not being right. I've felt around my neck and looked down my throat with a light but I feel/see nothing. I've also thought it may be signs im developing some kind of acid reflux as I love spicy foods and eat them a fair amount. There really is no pain in the throat ( like the feeling of a sore throat/strep). If its anything to mention this summer I've really messed up my sleep schedule going to sleep real late (5am or later every day)if that could be a cause of my slight fatigue. My neck has been slightly stiff but that could just be from sitting in my chair too much. I've also noticed muscle soreness from physical activity that isn't tough, things ive been doing the whole summer all of the sudden have made me more sore than usual. As you can tell im very concerned I have cancer or something (maybe something to do with my thyroid?) And im just looking for answers here.

This might be a late reply, but i've had the same thing, i used to suffer from anxiety myself and one of my many symptoms would be a lump in my throat. It should be nothing to worry about, you should research "Globus Hystericus" it'll explain your lump. As for the chewing tobacco you shouldn't be worried about cancer, it does take prolonged use to develop cancer. Hope this helps.