Hi all, I hope someone can help me out.

In October of this year, I developed a feeling of a lump in my throat. Blood tests revealed no problems as did a neck x-ray. I was referred to an ENT clinic and having been examined with a small telescope up my nose and down my mouth there was nothing to report. I was prescribed tablets for acid reflux but I really don't think this is the problem.

I must admit that my throat has been good for a while - until a few days ago when I had a bit of a sore throat. I now have this horrible lump sensation again. The ENT doctor and my GP both commented on my enlarged tonsils and I also have tonsiliths now and again but could my swollen tonsils be responsible for this lump feeling and are there any alternatives to removal?

Along with the lump in the throat feeling, my throat also feels dry all the time. I feel convinced that this has smething to do with my swollen tonsils as I am not stressed which is what the doctors suggested it could be.

Many thanks in advance - please help!!

I have the same things and the doctors have did the same as you. I have been doctoring/ENT over a year and still they can't figure it out now my tonsil is hard and I have ear tingling!

Kari

Hi all. I sort of have same thing. Nov. 4th. woke up with left side under chin very swollen and some numbness same side of face. On and off pain face and head, on/off numbness, sometimes right side a bit more swollen too. It feels at times like a golf ball. It swells on/off and sometimes last all day very hard and then it comes down a bit. Numbness seems to coincide with very hard selling. At times face twitches and ear pain sort of mild and right inside canal, not behind ear. Stress is at high levels from just before it happened to date. Went to 3 different ENT's, all scoped me and all said not to woory, One said is a sublingual occlusion of sorts. Cat Scan with contrast unremarkable, MRI of brain and facial nerves also unremarkable, Sonogram of are plus thyroid normal, X-rays normal, Blood work like crazy all normal. My GP thinks it's allegy but allergist is sure that is not the case and suggested a tranquilizer which really don't help at all. I know stress can be a b***h but i really find it hard to believe it can put a hard ,painful golf ball under your chin causing numbness pain, right side a couple of times same as left side. Worst of all, this thing has never disapeared, at times it felt much smaller but allways there. Most of the time hard and at times painfull. ENT suggested sour citrus candy and lots and lots of water, I must admit the water gives some very faint relief when it's very swollen and hard. About 1 1/2 months ago started hurting at times , sometimes it really hurts. I haven't been able to place a cause or trigger for the not so swollen to the painfull hard swollen. Food, cigarete, lack of water etc...????? At times i think of the worst and this has pretty much consumed all my energy. I just wish to wake up one day and it's all gonne.

I kind of have similar symptoms as the ones you guys have mentioned here. That is the reason I have been looking for some type of converstions on the subject. My experience is that about a year ago I started to notice that I had a soreness in my throat. It was not constant but I would notice it several times per day. I think it is a little worse if I am having sinus drainage but I am not positive of that. I have been to my regular physician and he has felt of my neck and did not seem to notice any unusual lumps or bumps. Since I work in the Imaging business I am fortunate enough to have a radiologist and equipment on site. I did a non-contrast neck just to look and see if the study would warrent a contrast exam as well. The radiologist said he saw nothing unusual except for sublingual tonsil stones which were probably due to alot of tonsillitis when I was young, which I did have. However, like you I wished it would go away since I too worry about something more being wrong. Do not know if this helps anyone but thought I would share.

... god i have the same thing for 8 months, seen 7 doctors ... nothing ... im at the point its such a constant bother im getting attached ... i almost at the point i don't want it to go away because i might just die of the shock of being so releaved .. im seeing another doctor tomorrow .. quote " mom .. guess what ....my thoats still f**%$ed and i think im dieing ... help " = over 100 time used this year gg k thx

I am worried about my throat also. Over three week have had this feeling of something in my throat. My GP prescribed a mouthwash and of course the feeling is still there. My ent doc said I should use hydrgen peroxide and the feeling is still there. Dont know what to do.

I also have had something wring with my throat, feels like something in my throat and my glands are swollen too the left side more then the right i also feel real tired alot of the time and just run down i take 14oo mil of ibuprofen about 3 times a day, just to make me feel better, iv been this way for over a month now going to see the doctor first of july, Im so tired of feeling this way, just wanted to share

I had a bit of a cold last week. the usual sinus congestion with some soreness in the throat. but after the pain went away, it still felt like i had a sore throat, but i only get the feeling at night. I came to the conclusion last night that it was my tonsils, and they are noticably swollen. The problem i've been having with it is that it is giving me sleep apnea so i haven't gotten a good night's rest in a couple of weeks now.

On 4-6 (thursday) i woke up w/ a golf ball lump sensation in my throat, it had decreased in size to about a quarter...Friday night around mid-nite, my my throat started to feel sore and just today i went to the doctors office and they tested me for strep....i also have a history of acid reflux....i have no fever or chills, can eat and drink whatever i want...could this be the result of the sore throat/possible strep? or acid reflux...mind you, i have no heartburn...in the last 3 weeks i have been on a diet and have consumed more fruits and veggies and eat later, like right before i go to bed....

can anyone make any suggestions and does anyone have the same sensations????

I have had problems with lump in throat and chronic tonsillitis. After i recovered from the tonsillitis i still had lump in throat. ENT suggested i have tonsillectomy but 8 week post tonsillectomy LUMP STILL F#&$ING THERE RIPPED OFF!!!! It is exactly as described by everyone here and if you type "Lump in throat" into google you will find the exact symptoms we are all experiencing. I also have swollen throat glands (submandibular im pretty sure) and the left is also larger than the right for me. Occasionally there is slight pain, my throat is dry often and it is awkward to swallow. I also get very rare face twitch but i didnt think much of it. ENT suggested ultra sound on throat but i neglected as he already wasted my money on tosillectomy. I gave up smoking and still have occasional cigarette im not sure if this is a cause. It sometimes feels ok in the morning but gets worse. I need lots of sleep and even starting to become more depressed as I have fogotten what its like to feel good. It just goes to show how much we take good health for granted when we have it. Im going to take information from website **** to my ENT. It was good to read other people have this condition as i have been very worried about viruses, cancers etc.

Quote:

:cry: I have had my tonsils out...before they were taken out, just below my jaw line a hard painful lump formed...now it throbs painfully all day, long, and wont respond to medication. do you think it needs to be taken out?

I have HUGE swollen tonsils and it feels like I'm being strangled. I went to the doctor and they did a strep test, which was negative...the weird thing was that I was prescribed medicine specifically for strep throat. It's not working and my tonsils are getting worse. What is this??

I thought it might be an allergic reaction to something. One night I was sneezing alot and then developed a bad sore throat then I couldn't even swallow at all. My hands were itching alot. I tried drinking water which killed me. I thought I might have to go to the ER! I couldn't even talk because it hurt so bad. I took a benedryl and that seemed to help. The next day it seemed to go away. I have a problem when I eat I seem to choke on many foods. No clue to what this is??? Any ideas??

Hi everyone; like many of you, I found this post after getting frustrated with my own experience. Here are my specific highlights:

3 months ago, I develop a mild sore throat deep on the right side (only) of my neck. My ENT prescribes an antibiotic. Enlarged tonsil (left side).

The sore throat develops into a constant "burning" sensation, complete with a sensation of something large stuck in my neck & some white phlegm. The pain is less in the morning, but grows during the day, zapping me of all my energy. Right-side of nexk, only.

I do the same routine as many of you: Contrast MRIs of neck, scope of larynx, esophgram Barium contrast, prescription for Acid Reflux, full allergy tests.

3 months later, 3 ENTs later, no results. Same constant "annoying" pain in right side of neck/throat, no diagnosis. Some days the pain is mild, other days I need sleep & call off work. Dr. says its reflux. He also says stay away from coffee. (Coffee being my only 'addiction'.) Dr. recommends sleep study & tonsillectomy.

It seems all of us have the same symptoms, without any diagnosis. Perhaps WE need to start a support group for Chronic Throat Inflammation (CTI?). I work for Arizona State University. I have a history (as a child) of tonsillitis, Strep Throat, tubes in ears. Anyone else with a similar history? I think we need to communicate with one another to compare histories & see if we can find any patterns/histories/location exposures.

My email is: David [dot] Leo [at] asu [dot] edu (change the 'dots' to periods, the 'at' to the ampersand symbol)

The sore throat develops into a constant "burning" sensation, complete with a sensation of something large stuck in my neck & some white phlegm. The pain is less in the morning, but grows during the day, zapping me of all my energy. Right-side of neck, only.