Last week while I was washing my hair I noticed a cluster of small bumps on both the right and the left side of my neck, at first they were tiny almost unnoticeable but later as they grew in size they became very noticeable underneath the skin surface, and few of them turned blue. With time the pain increased so as of this writing I can't move my neck more than 5 degrees to the right side without feeling a sharp pain in the neck muscle. What could those bumps be, are they some kind of a skin disease or something like that?

I doubt that they could be a skin disease since you said that the movement of the neck, that means the movement of the muscle causes you pain. That means that whatever change we may be talking about lies deep underneath the skin in the muscular layer of your neck – so it cannot be a skin related disease. What you described looks mostly like a cluster of swollen throat lymphatic glands, that are irritated by some kind of an infection that is trying to spread from your head to the rest of your body, or some kind of a tumor metastasis that got caught up in the lymphatic system. The fact that they appeared, as you say, as a cluster, in one group, I suppose in a relatively straight line makes me think of the latter, meaning that it could be some kind of a metastasis caught up in the series of big lymphatic glands in the neck. You should visit your doctor, he will probably prescribe some kind of an antibiotic to rule out the possible bacterial infection and then if necessary do an biopsy on the affected area. Lets hope that it will remain on that. Good luck.

After I had my daughter about 4 years ago, my armpits got swallon, and they are still swallon.Does it has anything to do with the milk glands?

Hello there! Can you describe this swelling a bit better? Do you mean that there’s a lump in the armpit, like a lymph node that got swollen or is it just general swelling in the armpit?

If there’s a lump, then it is certainly an enlarged lymph node. Lymph nodes usually get bigger when there is some sort of inflammation in the near-by. What confuses me is that you had it for so long!

Have you had them checked sometime?

Do you feel any tenderness in the area? Does it hurt when you press the swelling?

Lymph nodes can are easily distinguished from other growths because they are small, smooth, round and movabale when you try to push them sideways.
Swollen lymph nodes in the armpits can indicate a systemic infection, an abscess formation, or even malignancy.

I know its not much but i have had for a week or so a raised left (my left) throat gland which is painful when i swallow. Its not unusally large.

I was just wondering if there was a common reason why this would happen as im not ill in any other way (not that i feel anyway).

I wondered if there was a differnce between your left and right swelling or if infact they both do the same job and it was just random which became swollen.

Any help would be really apreciated as i get paranoid about even small things like this and don't like going to the doctors...please advise!