Hi,i've had this problem with my throat for about 7 months now.
It feels as if there is a bone stuck in my throat but they had a look at the hospital about 6 moths ago and saw nothing.
I have trouble eatin as it feels like it is rippin my throat and cannot do any activities and laughin strains it bad,even talking can strain it.
Its pretty much messin up my life,please help.

Does the feeling in your throat make you feel anxious, like your choking but arent getting any relief? Does it come and go? I have had that feeling for about 1 month. I just keep coughing like there is something in my throat and I kinda panic. I know im not choking because some of the time that its happening Im not eating anything. I do get panic attacks though, do you?

I get panic attacks,and this makes them happen more.
I was so scared once I thought I was dying.it was hell
:'(

ok I just read it could be VCD
Vocal Chord Dysfunction
do you have bad sinus's or acid reflux
acid reflux can lead to VCD
its common but often goes misdiagnosed
and has symptoms similar to other medical conditions
do you have problems breathing cause of it?

I have had this feeling in the throat several times in my life and it lasted for months. I also had an ENT take look. Globus hystericus is a Freudian term and while it is true, a percentage of patients presenting with this feeling of a lump or sore in their throat associated with swallowing will have stress as an underlying factor, many are organic in nature. Statistically, the most common cause is gastroesophageal reflux disease. If the patient is a smoker, tumor in the pharynx, hypopharynx, larynx and cervical esophagus must be excluded. This is most easily performed by obtaining an ENT consultation, where a good pharyngeal, hypopharyngeal and laryngeal examination should be performed either by mirror or by fiberoptic exam and that the physician will palpate the oral cavity and the oropharynx.

I read this and just wanted you to know that a few years ago I had the same problem. I was certain I had some sort of throat cancer because it felt like something was stuck in the back of my throat, and it sometimes got to the point where I felt like I was going to throw up.

My kind and thorough doc did some research, called me at home and told me to look of "globus" on the net. He did not mention the hystericus aspect since it's an anxiety order that, strangely enough, goes away when you find out what it is.

Phew. How silly of me. Hope this helps!

Hopefully by now this person is past this discomfort. My father and coincidently his boss also, had this same feeling. Therefore, I recommend a consult with an EENT (eye ear nose throat) specialty physician and biopsy to rule out oropharyngeal cancer.
On the brighter side, my father is beyond conclusion of remission and cancer has not returned.

well i use to get axiety attks so bad i would practicly pass out. they were formed from marijuna usage over the years. cause from constriction to the lounge causing the brain a great deal of greif. alot of people getting axiety is from low saritonen levels, acid reflux disease (stomach acid on the lounge cavity) , striction from numbing material, and nervesnous. or you have developed an allergy to something and you throat gets irritation, again causing the brain to wig out. i sooon learned how to control it. i started knowing when one would come on and i remember exactlty what it feels like and exactly what it felt like after werd. and the fact i knew i wasnt ganna die helped out alot. lol marijuna smoke caused it. thry say breath into a paper bag, nonsense unless it works for you. that can deplet oxygen and your heart rate may need what oxygen its reaching for, cause you to panic worse cause you thinking its getting harder to breath. u can control them. or u can goto the doctor and get paxil. it helps fix the chemical in your brain that triggers the sidefects. asthma patients will have a much harder time. using an inhalor only makes it worse. anxiety causes a 12%to some % just high enough to keep u from collapsing and will increase your heart rate. not a good things. my worst symptom was the chills and locking up of my hands. my fingers curled back and i could not release them. 911! lol they thought i smoke some bad weed. im like na uh, its home grown lol. and again "no sarintonen, yes anxiety. thank you, "erik"

I think its stress. And you might be depressed. Take it easy on yourself, if you feel a panic attack coming on take deep breaths through your nose and let it out of your mouth. A lot of people are so quick the get medication for depression, but remeber that depression is all in the mind

As others have stated its Globus Hystericus, though doctors shy away from using the term hystericus.  In my experience, it was caused by both anxiety and acid reflux.  Another possible cause was my hiatal hernia.  Some tips I've used to get minor relief; pucker your mouth, tighten your throat and look straight up for about 30 seconds, then turn your head to the left/right for another 30 seconds each.  It's not a cure, but I've gotten temporary relief.