Hello, I'm a 14 year old, Everytime I'm on my period for the first day, I throw up everything I eat, and usually have to skip out on school and I don't need to miss anymore school as it is, when I take birth control, it gets better, but I forget to take the pill some days and that of course messes me up, and I wanted to know if it's normal to throw up like this, and ways to stop it. Please help. Drew

It can be normal to feel nauseas on your period, and throwing up may be a consequence of this nausea. In my experience, there have been times when I've felt so bad I did throw up on my period. But you're correct, birth control does help regulate that. I'm a lot less nauseas on the pill than I am alone. In any case, it's perfectly normal, it's just a pain in the ass. If you continue to go on the birth control route, just make reminders to yourself on your phone to take it at a certain time and you won't forget. Best of luck! :)