Okies i'm 16 and this has been happening to me since last summer i think and it only happens on the 1st day of my period.
I've been getting theses sharp non-stop cramps, that what it first started out as. i asked my mom and she said it was normal beacuse she had them too. Til i started throwing up. I don't throw up usually and throwing up during my period made me really nervous.
Also i've had my period since i was 11, and it only started happening with i turned 15. since than, i stay home once a month because i get sick. I've also noticed that i get fevers like someone with a flu would, the shivers hot/cold unconfortabliness.
I'm curious to know what is wrong with me, if anything is wrong with me. If it is serious i should go see a doctor about it. I'm starting to get tired of it and it make my mom nervous not to mention myself.

I'm not a doctor, so it may not be this, but you may have endometriosis. I have this condition, and since getting it periods have been bad.

However, there is something you can do that will really help. Only after being diagnosed, go to a homeopath and ask for help in getting treatment. I haven't had a bad period since I started the treatment. It's been great.

But I'm also saying, don't take my word for it that it's endometriosis. You should absolutely see a doctor.

Thank You so much. I'll run it by my mom and see what she thinks. Though she'll probably end up taking me to the doctors... joyous

i have almost exactly the same problem- my period started when i was 10, and was perfectly regular until I was 16, when it started coming later in the month, the flow was heavier, I had worse cramps, and I started throwing up once or twice on the first day...this was also accompanied by shakes and chills and nausea... I'm 18 now and have been to several doctors... but I haven't found a reason for it or a way to prevent myself from having such bad periods.

If you find an answer, please let me know!

I'm 17, started I think when I was 11, maybe 12 not positive. But my period was always fine, rarely any cramps what-so-ever and never anything worse. For the past year or so I've been having worse cramps, but if i popped 2 Midol and took a nap I would be better when I woke up. March of this year though, I was at a cheerleading competition and started. Cramps were horrible and almost unbareable, and then I threw up from the pain for the first time. Didn't happen again till today. I've only ever had problems on the first day, but it's a lot of (gross, I know, but number 2) and just horrible horrible pains.
I'm very concerned and looked into that Endoretriosis and I have quite a few of the symtomes ? I want to have 6-8 kids and it will tear my world apart if I won't be able to have children.
Feeling sick again. Got to go, Ann, what is your e-mail?

i am 11 years old and i woke up in the middle of the night and threw up big time. al morning i have to wake up and throw up some more.

I just threw up blood and I am crying

Im 16 years old, ...my problems are very closely associated with the girl at the top. During my period I don't usually get that bad of cramps, its more of a sick, can't sit still feeling. I started when I was 11 years old and my problems only started occuring when i was 15. My periods usually occured at night so I never had to worry about it coming up out of the blue. Although, these past few months i would start during school. Shortly after the pain would come. I felt really sick and had pain around my pelvic area..I seriously could not sit still. I would end up calling home and would leave school once a month. I would throw up after a few hours of pain. So i started looking up my problems to see if anyone else matched. I can barely stand the nausea, fatigue, and pelvic pain any longer. I looked up endometriosis, so hopefully when i see the doctor this is what I have.

I have excrutiatingly painful menstruations--to the point where I'll stay in bed for days crying--and the pain usually lasts about four days. Having an extremely intensive course load throughout high school and now in college, I found ways to help cope:
1) Heating pads. Everyone knows about heating pads, but I'm surprised how few people actually use them. Buy the kind that stick to your underwear and last "eight hours" and buy several packs of them and put one on at the first twinge of pain. Get an electric blanket and fold it up on your middle if that's not enough.

2) Avoid caffeine. I only do that during the week I menstruate, but it still helps a lot. The cramps come from your uterus contracting to expel the contents, and caffeine makes your muscles jumpy, so to speak, and increases the rate of contractions. Even if you want it avoid it like the plague. This includes coffee, tea, sodas (especially dark sodas), and chocolate. Don't touch any of it.

3) Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water. Every time you want caffeine, drink water. I don't like drinking straight water, so I drink the flavoured kind and mineral water. Dole makes a really nice carbonated and flavoured water with no sugar that does the trick, and often Perrier and Gerolsteiner provide a nice alternative to plain water (although some people don't like sparkling water). Whatever it is, drink lots of it.

4) Mind over matter. Get someone to talk to you, and focus on what they're saying like your life depends upon it. This is the only way I can get through class. Focus on them and don't let yourself think about how much pain you're in.

5) Breathe. Breathe slowly, and count. Take a deeeeep breath and exhale--not so much that you're going to hyperventilate. Concentrate on breathing.

6) Exercise. This used to help me a lot. I was a dancer, and while at first it would be really hard to dance through cramps I could not miss a class, and at the end I'd feel a lot better. I never tried it with any kind of exercise that wasn't dance, though, so I don't know if it translates to running or bicycling.

7) Sleep. If you can sleep, sleep a lot. If you can't sleep, rest anyway.

8) Ibuprofen. I don't know from experience because I can't take pills, but my best friend starts taking pain killers beginning two days before her menstruation is due and has no pain. While you probably have worse periods than she does, it could still help.

It may not alleviate your symptoms entirely, but it might still help. You could always find someone to give you a massage, and try rubbing the meaty area between your thumb and forefinger in slow, even circles. It helps, but not much.

Good luck. :)

I got my period on my 15th birthday, and had no cramps until about 9 months or so later. One month I had light, uncomfortable cramps, and then for each of the next 2 months, I had unbelievable pain on the first day of my period for 30 minutes to 1 hour. I would just curl up on the floor and almost wish I would die. So I went to the doctor and he put me on the pill - it was wonderful!!! Not only did my cramps go back to just being slightly painful, but my period went down from 7 days to 4-5 days, with a much lighter flow. So maybe taking birth control pills will work for you, too.

I just turned 28 and got off the pill 2 weeks ago. I am nervous that the cramps will come back, but I am looking forward to trying to get pregnant in a few months, so I'll just have to get through it!

I'm 30, started my period at age 9. I've had painful periods basically my whole life, but they've gotten worse the past few months, along with anxiety. It turns out my adrenal hormones are low, along with my progesterone. I also get low grade fevers along with achy joints and fatigue before I start my period. I'm seeing a new gyn soon.

*One thing that helps me out alot during the beginning of my periods is drinking hot herbal tea, particularly peppermint or chamomile. They really help. Also, go to your alternative food store and ask for blue or black cohosh. It can really help with cramps! -As always, read warning labels before you try anything new.

I have the same problem and have been since age 14, when I got my first period. I bleed for at least 7 days and even more. Sometimes, I bleed for 14 days. I have bad pain for the first few days to the point I have missed worked, or school when I was younger. I get nausious the week before my periods and I bleed alot. I bleed so heavy that I am taking iron pills to treat animea. I also eat alot of red meat and spinach during my periods. My mom and sisters are the same way as me. However, after my mom and older sister had their children, they was not in as much pain as they was before when they got their periods. In fact, I have heard that after a woman has children, she does not have as much cramps as before she had children. I am 26 and single. But I hope I meet Mr. Right very soon so that I can have a baby ASAP and the bad cramps go away

Oh I forgot to say. I found a good trick that my grandma taught me. Take a towel, damp it, heat it up, and put it on your belly. It works every time. Do not take too much motrin cause it can cause it is bad for the kidneys.

I am 17 now, but those thing have been happening to me since I was about 14. I have the same problem as most of you have said, getting sick, my cramps aren't as bad as they could be, but I do get cold, shiver, and I really can't get comfortable, etc...
It doesn't happen to me everytime I get my period, only sometimes. I have gotten so sick, I got light headed and had to leave class and as I was walking down the hall, I ran into a door because I almost blacked out. As soon as my period is over this time, I am going to my doctor, maybe then can shed some light, and I will be more then happy to share that information. :-D

mannalife wrote:

Hi Shay,

I'm 33 years young and I had the exact same thing EVERY SINGLE PERIOD. It would get to the point when I would have to throw up because the pain was so INTENSE! I would be doubled over in SEVERE PAIN and would need to go to the bathroom (it's gross, I know but number 2) I don't know how mant times during the day. This would usually only happen on the 1st day of my period. I mean it was the WORST PAIN I have EVER felt, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. But something happened just last month for the first time in my history with my period. I've been taking these supplements that come a new discovery for about 5 solid months now and last month I was SHOCKED to say the least about what happened during my period. See, with MY periods, I can't have salt. If I have salt in food or at all, the pain would literally put me in the hospital and I have nearly called 911 a couple of times on myself because of it. Last month, my soulmate and I were out eating at Del Taco and I went to go to the bathroom afterwards and I saw that I have gotten my period. I was REALLY surprised because I didn't have ANY pain and I for sure KNEW that the pain was comming because you know, it ALWAYS has! So, I waited and waited all day to feel the pain before I popped my 800 ibuprofen and there was NO pain! I really couldn't believe what was happening because I was ALWAYS used to having THE MOST SEVERE PAIN you can POSSIBLY IMAGINE. Well, girl, let me tell you, THERE WAS NONE!!! Now, I understand why. We were never meant to have pain in the firat place. My body was out of wack and so is yours nutririon wise. NOW, I have NO pain and I cannot explain it any further. Your body NEEDS the proper nutririon, that's what it needs. If you want to know what I am taking, then e-mail me and I'll share it with you. If you think I'm trying to sell you something, then don't e-mail me. I really can't explain this any further because it's too time consuming. I hop you feel better in the future. Go to my profile and look at my website for your continuing education and you will understand what it is that I've been taking for 5 months to get my body working right internally for this pain to COMPLETELY GO AWAY. I am STILL in SHOCK that this is a reality after enduring all that MASSIVE SEVERE PAIN for all my years. I didn't get my period till I was 16. GOOD LUCK.

Your Friend,
Ann

How can we access your profile to get your email address?
We are interested in knowing what works for you...
Thanks