I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH AUTOIMMUNE THYROID DISEASE BECAUSE MY LAB TESTS SHOWED THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODIES ELEVATED. MY DOCTORS HAS PRESCRIBED AMOUR THYROID TO TAKE AT 15 MG. ONCE DAILY AND BUILDING UP TO 60 MG. DAILY AS TOLERATED. TO ME THIS SEEMS LIKE A LARGE AMOUNT TO START OFF WITH.....WAS IS THE STANDARD TREATMENT FOR HASHIMOTOS THYROID DISEASE AND IS THIS THE DRUG OF CHOICE FOR THIS DISEASE?

Hello, I'm new to this forum and hope you found some answers. But in case you haven't and are still looking for a reply - I can tell you I've been taking synthroid and generic THS medicines for 10 years now. Personally I cannot take less than 50mcg a day for the rest of my life. Anything lower does not work for me and sometimes I believe it would help if my doctor would increase the dose to .75 or .80 mcg - but who knows. Reply if you get this message and let me know of your progress. Good Luck!

I have been taking Synthroid for my Hashimoto's since I was four..16 years now and I take 150 mcg. It all depends on how functional your thyroid is, mine is very inactive. I have been all the way up to 225 mcg so yeah it all depends on how functional your thyroid is because that tells you how much supplemental hormone you need.

My doctor has me test my blood every 5 months to "fine-tune" the dosage of Synthroid. Been doing this for 20 years, and feel fine. No symptoms. Do you have your blood tested regularly?