Hi, folks. My friend has a cataract, but I think it still isn't in serious phase. He is reconsidering a possibility whether to implant a lens or not. What do you think about this dilemma? I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with this. This will mean a lot to me.

Hi to you too. The technology of intraocular optic lenses has been much improved for the last 30 years. Many people experience much improved vision after the surgery. These procedures have come up so far, that now people take them for their healthy eyes. I have heard about some people that change their lenses just to prevent cataract, although their eyes are healthy. That is why I would recommend your friend to implant a lens. However, if he has some healthy reasons not to go under this procedure, then he should think about it well. I hope I've helped. Good luck! Bye!