My mother who is 63 developed tosis following cataract surgery. It is actually what doctors are suspecting but they said they need to make more analysis. What else could it be? Her eyelids have dropped and she says she has problems seeing things. Is this condition reversible and will my mother’s eye site be impaired? Thank you

This condition is usually caused when a tendon of the levator muscle loosens or detaches making eyelids drop. It means that your mother’s tendon was already weak but a cataract surgery has only aggravated the condition. I understand that your mother’s upper vision may be impaired. A treatment depends on the cause. If doctors determine it is a muscle or nerve diasease, they will begin by treating these underlying problems. If there’s a tumor, they will probably want to remove the tumor. Sometimes, they perform a surgery. I am sure they will inform you after they finish diagnosing. I think the reason doctors are still investigating is that they want to check that it’s not pseudoptosis. Certain conditions may look like ptosis.

my son is suffering with bitosis do u have any idea how get rid off it