Hi. I have a problem with drooping of my left eyelid and I have increased tearing in that eye. I was diagnosed with ptosis (due to an eye injury). I would like to hear more about my treatment options. What is my prognosis?

Hi. I have ptosis in my both eyes, due to my age. Ptosis, or drooping eyelid can be caused by the aging process, congenital abnormality, or some injury od disease. Brain tumor, stroke and diabetes are also related to ptosis. Anyway, surgical correction is one of the treatment options, in milder cases. Surgeries are usually very successfully performed.

Hi there,
Ptosis is a condition where your eye drools more. This is caused by the weakness in the muscle responsible for the rising of the eyelid. Now the facts it that this can be caused by several things and treatment is usually focused on the underling condition. Now your eye injury should be treated by now. Have you had any complication with the treatment of the eye injury? The fact is that you might need a surgery to fix this condition because this might not be fixed with medication. You should talk to your doctor about treatment options. I hope that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco