Hi. My cousin has recently had some serious problems with opening her eyelids. She went to an ophthalmologist to see what it is. She found out she had eyelid apraxia. I must admit that I haven’t heard anything about this before. Is there anyone here with such a condition? Thanks for replying.

Hello, there. Eyelid apraxia is a condition where patients have troubles with opening their eyelids. These eyelids are normal. I must tell you that pure eyelid apraxia that is not associated with blepharospasm is very rare. There are still some mechanisms that are not quite understood here. My cousin suffered from this condition. She asked for ophthalmologist help. She went for a surgery. This procedure consists of myectomy and tightening of levator tendon. I hope your cousin will feel better if she goes for a surgery. Good luck!